Fifty-Six

The ghosts (?) that slipped out of Voldemort's wand crowded before the followers, obscuring their sight of Link. Link took that opening to cast another "Expelliarmus" with his aspen wand and the spell collided with the chain of gold. As the collision created a chain of backlash, a strange figure flew out of the chain where the spell collided, breaking the connection.

Link could only look at her, struck by the odd sense of familiarity.

Instead of pale ghostly gold, she's shrouded in holy blue. Where hands should be were capes that resembled wings with one color darker than the other. Her legs were covered in darkness with glowing green lines crisscrossing over the length. Her face looked as though carved, like a mask made of steel with eyes wide and unseeing yet Link could tell that her focus was him. The gemstones, a small one between her brows and a large one over her chest framed in gold, gleamed as if winking at him.

"Master,"

Link blinked and the apparition guided him once again to the trophy, "Hurry,"

Voldemort roared in rage and Link rolled out of the lashing spells. James and Lily covered him along with numerous more echoes. They looked over their shoulder at him and whispered their love and pride towards him. But they could only exchange so much as Voldemort began to decimate the echoes by the dozen.

Link bid them goodbye, "Thank you,"

Thank you for giving birth to him, thank you for accepting him, thank you for loving him. There's so much he wanted to say but could not. Time does not allow it.

The blue spirit touched the trophy and Link quickly grasped it. As he flew through the tunnel of space, the blue spirit followed him and helped make the journey easier. Her cape covered his shoulder and Link felt as though he will be safe even through the Dark World. She whispered into his elven ear;

"Master, I will wait for you,"

Link blinked as his feet landed and he almost stumbled from the sudden shift of gravity. As the crowd gasped at the sight of his beaten and bloody form, Dumbledore and Sirius quickly reached him and take him to the Hospital Wing. Even as confused as he was, Link could tell that something had changed the mood of the Tournament.

He looked around as they do this, trying to find the blue spirit again but could not see her anywhere. It seemed that she's no longer in the physical realm. Link sighed as he let Sirius carry his weight. The night had been long and he'll be expecting a lecture from his godfather.

The next few days were busy for the rest of the people in charge of the Tournament. Link had been forced to recuperate in his bed at the infirmary under threats of being chained to it by Madam Pomfrey. But that does not mean that he's ignorant of the events that had taken place while he was gone.

As Cedric relied to him, he had waited for help to arrive and Moody turned up. Even though something about the man seemed off, Cedric had decided to accept his help. However the moment Krum show signs of awakening, Moody turned on them. Cedric had to use all the skills he had accumulated to keep both himself and Krum alive.

When Viktor came to his senses, he pointed out that the one who cast the Imperious on him was Moody. He may not see the man as he was attacked from behind but he can recognize the voice ordering him to get in the way of the other Champions so that Link will be the one to touch the enchanted trophy.

The trophy had already been enchanted as a Portkey by Dumbledore, since as Headmaster he's the only one with authority within Hogwarts allowed to do so, but it was to the podium where the winner will be revealed to the spectators. But he had changed the destination when he was entrusted to place the trophy in the maze. So that meant that Link's where about became unknown.

The two Champions then fought Moody together but were almost beaten if not for the sudden transformation that the attacker went through. It turned out that he was an impostor all along. Viktor had taken that chance to summon Moody's wand, leaving him weaponless. Cedric took that opening made by the confused impostor to knock the man unconscious. They had then sent signal for help.

Soon McGonagall and Flitwick appeared, surprised by the sight before them. They had been informed that the trophy had been won but when no one appeared at the podium, the crowd became restless. They had never expected the mess that will happen and Dumbledore was furious by what had happened. They had also finally managed to locate the real Prof Moody; the poor man was trapped in his special luggage for months, only being kept alive to be used as a Polyjuice Potion ingredient.

Although the panic of the sudden appearance of a supposedly dead Death Eater sent the Ministry officials into a tizzy, it was nothing when compared to how Link appeared on the podium hours after the whole mess.

A grumpy Sirius also informed Link that the foolish Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge had set a Dementor to kiss the impostor before further investigation can take place. Not that Sirius will stay silent about the whole thing, but people are still distrustful of him despite the fact that he's proven his innocence.

Link sighed as he put down the Daily Prophet who speculated the meaning behind the whole mess at the end of the Triwizard Tournament. A daft witch named Dolores Umbrage even said that Link had purposefully done it all to gain follower.

In the end of Link's Fourth Year, he found himself surrounded by the other Champions. Fleur had hugged him and kissed his cheeks goodbye and once again thanking him for all that he had done for her. She also told him to keep in touch with her. She might come back to Britain, after all.

Having seen the way she and Bill Weasley have been looking at each other last the eldest Weasley son was here, Link could only guess what she meant by that.

Viktor Krum had pulled Link into a brotherly hug and thanked him for stopping him from doing something he will regret. The boy didn't say much and the two simply shared an understanding look. Viktor had also approached Hermione and stole from her a chaste kiss, which infuriate Ron to no end at the sight. Hermione only returned a tight hug for the kiss and the memories they shared that year.

As both Link and Cedric bid their visitors goodbye, Cedric whispered, "I asked them their opinion about You-Know-Who's return and they said that knowing you, he must have," The Hufflepuff graduate looked at Link, "Even if no one trust you, Link, know that I do. In a way, you've saved my life that night,"

Link quickly replied, "Just don't try and save me back. I don't want that,"

Cedric blinked at the reply, "Really? Uh...that's...uh...okay," He didn't really have anything to say by the stern reply, sensing that Link meant it.

When the day to return home arrived, Hermione come up to him with a beetle in a jar, "Look what I found!"

Link take one look at the weird looking beetle and asked, "You going to keep it?"

She looked at him, "Keep it?"

He nodded seriously, "As a pet,"

By the furious buzzing from the jar, he could only smirk...