Y/N's Wish

Y/N never thought she'd use this as a last resort.

A silly rumor: Toilet-bound Hanako-san.

'Well, whatever it takes.'

She hid from her fellow schoolmates' stares, shrinking behind walls and avoiding crowded areas.

Finally, after a couple of steps, Y/N was face-to-face with the familiar girls' bathroom.

She took a deep breath in, stepping inside and closing the door behind her.

She quietly walked in, eyes wide as she observed her surroundings.

No flickering lights. No creaking doors.

No signs of anything haunting the place.

She began to have a little doubt, but her determination to 'end the day' overwhelmed her uncertainty.

She walked to the last stall, then began to knock.

Once.

Twice.

One last time.

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san," Y/N echoed. "Are you there?"

A gust of wind.

Y/N whirled around.

No sign of Hanako-san.

"Ah, dammit." Y/N's shoulders slumped down in disappointment. "Just another rumor..."

"Pardon me?"

Y/N nearly screamed at the new voice. It was a male. In a flash, she whipped around, intending to uppercut the intruder.

"YOU SICK PERVERT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE GIRL'S-?!" Y/N screamed, but she was silenced to shock when she saw what was behind her.

A boy with black hair, his amber eyes aglow with amusement. But that wasn't what stunned her.

He was also floating. And her hand, which would've slapped him, had phased right through.

'H-Huh....?!'

"That was...." the strange apparition grinned in amusement, resting his head on one hand. "...the one hundredth time someone tried to hit me."

'No way... Hanako's a boy?!'

"Y-you are -" Y/N babbled in disbelief, shuffling back an inch. "A-Are you...?"

"Why yes!" The boy stopped his floating, landing on the tiled floor gracefully. He dipped his head, bowing in a courteous manner.

"My name is Hanako, the 7th wonder of this school! And you are....?"

"I have a wish to make." Y/N cut in, forcing her fear far down.

"Ah, straight to the point, are we?" His amber eyes gleamed with interest. He floated closer to the girl.

"And what would that wish be?"

"Hanako-san," Y/N steadied her eyes on his wide, curious ones, making sure she sounded firm and brave.

"I want you to kill me."

A sudden silence filled the already tense air of the bathroom.

Hanako's sultry expression had disappeared, replaced with a more sinister look. It reminded her of Yashiro's cryptic one. Y/N's lip trembled, but she kept her gaze steady.

"Why do you covet such a gruesome wish?" He asked curiously, tilting his head.

Y/N never expected to be inquired... she thought it would all be over in an instant.