New Rumors

Three days prior to Y/N's arrival at Sukora, the broadcasting room...

"Tsukasa, I don't want to kill anyone anymore."

The apparition drifted down from his floating a little, eyes wide with great interest.

"So that is your wish?"

Surrounded by shadows, the Sukora Wonder lifted their head, eyes shining.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

"Calm down!" The Kamome spirit laughed, shaking his head. The other grunted impatiently, crossing their arms.

Tsukasa rolled over mid-air, turning to face them even more closely.

"You want to step down from your position, right?"

"Yes." They firmly nodded.

"Then in that case, I've found the perfect successor." Tsukasa's eyes shone with malice. "There is a girl coming to your school. She will be a perfect fit."

"Who is she?"

He looked down at her, grinning widely.

"Y/N Tsukira."

●●●

'I'm going to make many friends!'

'I'm going to defend myself against those who hurt me!'

'I'll be more talkative!'

"Hello?" A brunet approached her. "You're the transferee, right?"

Y/N stumbled back, caught off guard.

"U-Uhm, y-yes!" Y/N nodded furiously. "Y-Y/N Tsukira-"

"Nice to meet you." The brunet smiled awkwardly. Then, as if he wanted to leave, hastily took off.

Y/N turned red, holding her backpack straps even more tightly. She walked into the unfamiliar campus with a crestfallen look.

'I'm failing. Woohoo!'

Even though she had mapped out her school plan for months, any little talk with someone unfamiliar made her recoil in anxiety.

'Strangers are just friends you haven't made!'  Y/N chanted in her head, fighting her worry as curious stares from other students settled on her.

For the one hundredth time, she began to reminisce about Kamome.

At least there, she knew a few people. She could melt away into the group and act like she belonged.

There, she knew everything. Here, she was nothing.

●●●

"Haven't you heard? They say the 12 pm Sewing Girl suffocated someone again!"

"The Nun's Daughter has been wandering the school grounds."

"Is Hanahaki even real? Let alone the curer?"

Y/N listened intently to the murmuring of her new classmates, the boring lecture of her Homeroom teacher far away.

"The Guardian Angel's gonna' kill someone again!"

"The rumors said the sheets were stained with blood."

"Who could be laughing in that playground?"

"Hello? Hellooooo?"

Y/N snapped out of her intent listening, whipping around to turn to her seatmate.