A Normal Day

10 pm, Kamome...

Hanako felt a lot more giddy and cheery as he bade Y/N goodbye, the memory still clinging to him and refusing to let go. He fought to keep a straight face, not burst into a triumphant cry of joy, and focus on another matter that had been worrying him for a while now.

"Where has Tsukasa been?"

Sakura looked up with surprise as her master's brother, the 7th Wonder Hanako himself, opened the broadcasting room with a start.

She looked down at her paperwork uncomfortably. Tsukasa had mentioned he was "paying this Rift thingy a visit," but had instructed her not to tell anyone.

"I'm sure he's granting a wish to another apparition." She said in a leveled tone.

"Huh, weird." Hanako hummed in confusion. "I thought he would be connected with Mitsuba. I tried to look for the guy, but he's vanished."

'The pink-haired boy? He was walking with him before he disappeared.' Sakura recalled.

"Anyway, thanks!" Hanako waved dismissively. He closed the door, leaving Sakura alone and afraid.

She had not liked the look on Tsukasa's face when he talked to Mitsuba. And she recalled, very dimly, he had mentioned something about Y/N as well when he "journeyed to the Rift."

'I can't spy on him! That will be the end of me! But...'

She looked down thoughtfully at the Mokke who claimed to had traveled with Tsukasa to the Rift before. She leaned down, gently murmuring a hushed command;

"Can you follow Tsukasa to the Rift? Tell him to come back. I have an urgent message."

The pink bunny looked up at her in surprise. "What message?"

"It's only for him. I'm afraid I can't tell," said Sakura flatly, desperate to get to the bottom of this predicament weighing down on her shoulders.

"Alrighty, then!" The bunny hopped off without question, disappearing from sight.

Sakura watched it leave, wringing her hands in a tight knot.

'Please hurry. Something's wrong, I can feel it.'

●●●

11 pm, Sukora...

Sneaking out of Kamome proved to be easier than she thought. Everyone had gone, and Sukora was deserted. Y/N hastened her steps as she headed for her home, which was thankfully, only a few steps away from the school.

Even as she left the Rift, Y/N could not get what happened out of her head. She hated the fact that whenever she tried to, it would only come back as a stronger memory, making her blush all over again.

"Y/N, Y/N!"

Y/N looked up groggily to see her little cousin racing towards her, their arms thrown up in the beginnings of a hug.

She had no reaction as C/N leapt on her and hugged her tightly. Mr. and Mrs. Tsukira came out after them, eyes wide in panic.

"Where have you been?!" Her mom looked her over from head to toe as C/N cried into her uniform out of relief. Y/N forced a smile, sweeping strands of tousled hair out of her face.

Y/N hastily tried to think of an excuse, but C/N choked out in between tears.

"Osane, Y/N's friend, said Y/N stayed at her house for a project!"

Y/N forced a look of surprise down. Osane had covered for her? How thoughtful!

"Don't ever run off on your own again!" Her father reprimanded. As stern as his tone was, his eyes were clouded with alleviation. "You could get yourself hurt!"