Chapter 10 - Jason f*ckin' McCann

**2 days later**
I was sat in the living room with Jazzy and Jaxon, Jason was coming to visit them today... he was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. We were sat in silence. I think the kids were starting to notice that Jason wasn't coming.

"Alice...where's Jason?" Jazzy asks.

I didn't know how to answer.

"H-he should be here" I tell them both.

I look at my phone to see if he's left any messages or something to indicate why he wasn't here. Ever since we kissed he hasn't been the same. I haven't talked or seen him, after we kissed he left. I get if he didn't want to see me but...the kids didn't deserve this.

"H-he's not coming is he?" Jaxon asks with his voice cracking.

I look at both of the children and their eyes were brimming in tears. I purse my lips and get out of my seat.

"I'll make sure he comes" I say determined

After sighing I dial his number, I hold the phone to my ear and he answers.

"Alice? Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Jason did you forget?" I ask him.

There was silence on the other side before a sigh.

"Is it Saturday already? I'm sorry, look...tell them I'll be there tomorrow and we can all go out together" he tells me.

I shake my head in disbelief and laugh.

"They're heartbroken! They want you here now not tomorrow like you promised. They've been looking forward to seeing you! I want you here in the next hour or I swear to god Jason I'll-I'll-" I couldn't finish that sentence, I didn't know what to say, what could I do? He was the leader of a group while I was literally nothing.

"You'll what princess?" He laughs. "Anyway I'm on my way now" he adds before hanging up.

I put my phone back and turn to the kids with a smile.

"He's on his way, see I told you he'll come" I try to lighten the mood and jazzy and Jaxon were just crying their little eyes out.

My face drops and I kneel in front of them.

"Hey hey, wipe those tears" I tell them both. They look at me and shake their heads.

"He didn't want to come, he doesn't love us anymore!" Jazzy cries in hysterics. Jaxon starts hiccuping from crying.

"He was just tied up with work, he didn't notice the day, he's coming and don't you say that, your brother loves you both very much and nothing could change that." I tell them.

They both wipe their tears as Jason walks through the front door. No surprise there were some other people behind him. I could smell the drugs and alcohol coming off them in waves.

"Jason, where have you been?!" I shout.

"Princess not in front of the children" an old man slurs.

"Jazzy go upstairs with Jaxon and make sure you stay up there. I'll come and get you in a bit okay?" I turn to them and say. They nod their heads a bit scared of everyone that just walked in the door, including their brother. They ran up the stairs, jazzy was holding Jaxon's hand just incase one of the men tried to grab him.

"Well well beautiful, what's your name?" The same old man asks. I pull a face at him and ignore him.

"They think that you don't love them Jason, you knew full well what day it was, you'd just rather go out with...these people and do what ever you were doing. I can smell the drugs and alcohol literally coming off all." I explain to him. He just shrugs.