𝟎𝟏.

A leader is born ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 01

A leader is born
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 01. Matthias and Lilith

Esther Mikaelson screamed in agony as she delivered her fourth child. Ayana Bennett stood over her watching as the young boy was born right before her eyes. Esther panted that she had spent almost two days in labor as this child did not want to be born.

Ayana wrapped him in a cloth before she handed him to the sweaty Esther who smiled at the child who had not cried.

"Why isn't he crying, Ayana?" Esther asked the witch who shrugged. She didn't know it's not very common for babies not to cry when they were born but for some reason, he did not cry.

The baby blinks its eyes open staring at his mother. He had the most uniquely colored hazel eyes that Esther had ever seen; they were almost as if he had sucked the life out of a tree and implanted it in his eyes.

His hair was jet black which she knew he inherited from his biological father. He had a cute button nose and was a bit tan-looking but paler just as Esther was.

"Could you go get the boys Ayana?" Esther asked the witch who nodded. Esther suddenly felt another contraction making her grip her stomach in pain.

"Ayana..." Esther said panting this one was coming faster than it took when it was the boy's time. Ayana looked over at Esther checking her over.

"There's another Esther...twins." She said, making the woman's eyes widen.

"Twins? Ayana, you told me there was one!" She said panicked.

"It seems I was mistaken, we don't have much time this one's coming faster." She says before turning towards the door.

"Mikael, come get the boy, there's another." She told the Viking who nodded before he rushed inside wasting no time to scoop up the jet-haired baby from his wife's arms.

He looked down at the baby and for a second just for a second Mikael's eyes softened down looking at his third-born son. The baby blinked at Mikael before its tiny hands latched into his, making Mikael smile.

He was cut off when Esther screamed. He turned around just in time to see his daughter be born and lord was she identical to the boy in his hands.

"It's a girl, Esther," Ayana told her, placing the child in the arms of her mother. Just as the first baby did she did not cry as well. Instead she just calmly slept in the arms of her mother.

"Could you get Finn and Elijah please?" She asked, making Ayana nod. She walked out of the hut before returning with a 14-year-old Finn and a 9-year-old Elijah.

"There's two Mommy," Elijah said, pointing at the two babies, making Esther nod.

"Yes, Elijah, these are your new brothers and sisters." She told the boys who each looked down at the respective twin before looking at their mother.