𝟎𝟔.

Vampires ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 06

Vampires
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 06. New Beginnings

Matthias never knew what it meant to die. He thought he'd have a long time before he ever had to experience such a thing. The sharpness of Mikael's sword pierced his heart, he felt cold and weak; there was a sense of darkness that welcomed him with open arms.

Matthias gladly accepted the darkness thinking that he was finally at peace. But then something happened his body was engulfed with flames and he let out a horrid scream. It felt as if he could not breathe...every time he tried to catch his breath he felt himself losing even more air.

Matthias shouted up off the ground as he sucked in a huge breath looking around his eyes full of panic as the memory of last night slowly came back to him. His hand instantly went to his chest where he felt the dried-up blood on his shirt.

"What the bloody..." He muttered when another gasp was heard causing him to turn to see Rebekah standing right there.

"Matthias, what's happening?" She asked full of panic but he did not have any answers for her. Soon Niklaus woke up with a short gasp. His eyes fell on his older brother and baby sister.

"Bekah, Matty." He called out. They both turned to him while he rushed toward Rebekah who touched her chest as well.

"Blood." She told them. Matthias looked around for Lilith but could not find her. He couldn't find Ethan either, causing panic to settle inside of him.

"It will be alright," Klaus told Rebekah. The door burst open and a girl walked inside followed by Mikael.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked their father who looked down upon them.

"We must finish what we started." He told them before he pushed the girl down in front of Rebekah while her two brothers stared at Mikael strangely.

"You must drink if you want to live." He told them. He ripped his blade from his pocket before he sliced the girl's wrist open.

Matthias turned his head at the scent of fresh blood. He closed his eyes, feeling his mouth water at the smell of the blood. He couldn't function correctly because all his senses were overriding it as if the blood had some type of hypnotic effect on him.

"Drink," Mikael ordered Rebekah. Niklaus shook his head. "No." He shouted before he tried to fight Mikael off who overpowered him by shoving him to the ground.

"Drink," Mikael ordered Rebekah before he shoved her head down onto the wrist. Matthias watched as Rebekah drank the blood before she pulled back with her eyes closed.

"Come, Matthias," Mikael told his son who shook his head. He couldn't believe something deep in his gut told him that if he drinks the blood somebody horribly will happen.

"Matthias we do not have time for this drink boy!" He shouted and Matthias flinched. Mikael grew impatient with Matthias before he grabbed Matthias by his neck shoving him against the bloody wrist.

Matthias tried hard to fight the blood going into his mouth but it was too late because as soon as the first drop went inside his mouth Matthias soon blocked everything out. His hand wrapped around the woman's arm before he started visibly draining her.

"That's enough Matthias!" Mikael said, shoving him. But Matthias didn't budge as he kept feeding. Mikael went to push him but Matthias caught his hand. Mikael was shocked along with Niklaus at the sudden speed Matthias showcased.

He pulled away from the girl's wrist before he dropped it. He closed his eyes savoring the euphoric taste of blood. He opened his eyes which were a glowing yellow and his sclera were a dark gray almost pitch black.

He panted slowly when his eyes faded back to their normal Hazel. He slowly turned his head seeing Niklaus's mouth dripping from the blood.

Matthias with no thought in mind rushed to Mikael but was surprised when in the blink of an eye he had his stepfather pinned to the door. The three Mikaelson siblings let out a gasp at the sight of Matthias's speed but Matthias was too angry to focus on that for much longer.

"Where is my sister!" He shouted. He squeezed Mikael's throat and you could hear it visibly cracking as the thunder rumbled outside. Matthias had no idea that the entire atmosphere had changed once he took his first sip of blood. The skies were now a dark purple with lighting bolts sticking out of it.

"S-she's in the other room, Matthias." Mikael gasped out. Matthias let him go as his mood had finally slowed down and so did the weather as it quickly disappeared as fast as it came.

He turned his head when his ears picked up the soft voice of Lilith instantly calming him. He rushed through the doors where he found Lilith standing there looking around confused.

"Lil." He whispered, making her head snap to his as tears breached her eyes. The twins rushed toward each other embracing in a bone-crushing hug as Matthias placed his hand on the back of her head.

"I thought you were dead." He muttered. She chuckled, pulling away from him.

"You can't get rid of me that easily Matty. Bounded for life, remember?" She said and suddenly Matthias remembered something.

"Where's Ethan?" He questioned when Esther walked inside.

"Ethan is safe from here...he's over with Ayana until you all learn to control yourselves you can longer be around him." She told her son who immediately shook his head.

"I wouldn't hurt if Ethan were bonded together." He explained while everyone was confused Lilith knew what he was talking about.

"You do not know that Matthias...so to be safe you cannot see him." She instructed her son who huffed rolling his eyes.

"Now you must drink to be reborn Lilith," Esther told her daughter who was confused when suddenly Mikael brought the same girl from before and placed her in front of Lilith.

"Drink." He told her. Lilith however did not look at Mikael, she looked at Matthias who gave her a short nod. And that was all she needed to know before she bit down on the girl's wrist engulfing her blood.

She pulled back and Matthias watched in fascination and Lilly's face shifted. Her face crinkled with dark veins pulsing from underneath them...her two front incisors lengthen out while her irises became a muddy red and her sclera went black.

"Lil, are you okay?" He asked, making her nod before her face shifted back to normal.

"I've never been better." She muttered. Soon Elijah gasped away followed by Kol and finally Finn. And they all completed the same process.

"What did you do to us?" Matthias asked the question that's been on all of his sibling's minds. They didn't know what was happening to them. Their senses were sharper, their movements seemed much quicker and everything else seemed to be slow around them. It was confusing and scary.

"We made you better. You're stronger than before, the wolves will regret the day they ever crossed a Mikaelson's path." Mikael told his children.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃