𝟏𝟎.

Matthias the mad hatter ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 10

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 10. Feelings

Matthias walked down from his room as Alex slept peacefully in the lush-ish bed. He made his way out onto the field where everyone else was as they all turned to him.

"Morning Matty, did you sleep well?" Lilith asked his twin brother who nodded with a smile.

"Yes, but I spent the night playing with Alex who wouldn't go to sleep." He explained making Lilith chuckle as well when Lucien arrived over toward them.

"Good evening the count has requested your presence for an archery contest. Lord Tristan is very good with a bow." The servant explained to them, causing many of them to chuckle.

"I think that would be more of Matthias's ally...he's a skilled archer," Klaus replied, making everyone look to the third eldest Mikaelson brother who was not paying attention as he looked into the river.

"I'm sure I'll find pleasure in wiping the smile off Tristan's face," Matthias said, turning around.

"Of course, my lord follows me," Lucien responded as everyone else followed behind, wanting to see the showdown. Lucien led them down by the pond where Count De-Martel was along with Tristan.

"I am so glad you all decided to join us." Count De-Martel said, making them all smile.

"It's not us your grace our brother Matthias is an extremely talented archer," Elijah told him politely making the Count raise his eyebrow and stare at Matthias who looked at him.

"I shall see." He started with a smirk. He handed Matthias a bow who examined it, it wasn't the usual bow he used but it will do.

"The one who can make eye contact with a single bullseye wins." The count said before Matthias nodded at Tristan who smirked at him.

He lined up toward the first target before he pulled an arrow out of his quiver aligning it with his bow before he pulled back the string. Matthias watched in question at Tristan's bad form before he shot the arrow watching it hit the lower center of the target but not dead in the middle.

Matthias nodded in approval before Tristan went down the line and he kept shooting. He missed almost every single one before he shot at the last arrow at the last target hitting it dead in the middle.

"Very good," Matthias said while everyone clapped for Tristan. Matthias went up next as he pulled an arrow from the quiver on his lower waist.

"You got this Matty!" Lilith shouted, cheering her twin on, making him smile while Ethan smirked at him.

He attached the arrow to the string before pulling it back with the string touching his lips. His arms were relaxed as he stared at the target in front of him before he released it.

The arrow flung smoothly from his grip curving through the bow and flying straight into the center making Matthias smirk as they all cheered except Tristan who had a sour look on his face.