𝟎𝟒.

Repeated Mistakes ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 04

Repeated Mistakes
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 04. Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

The last couple of weeks—have been hectic to say the most. Matthias kept his time in New Orleans short, he had important things to attend to you know with being the leader of an entire organization.

In his absence Elijah had fully returned resorting peace within his out of control siblings. There was a level of tension that remained between the siblings, Rebekah was the girl in the middle as always holding sides between the silent Elijah and the impulsive behavior that was Niklaus.

Pushing open the door Matthias walked inside carrying a large bag over his shoulder, passing his two brothers who sat on the couch with books in their hands, a dead girl on the ground bleeding from the neck making him sigh.

Klaus looked up noticing his older brother. "And where have you been for the last couple of weeks?" He questioned but was ignored.

"Elijah, I'm so honored you've graced us with your return after leaving me to be baby sitter for months." Smiling sarcastically at his brother Matthias walked into the kitchen.

"Well, it seemed our siblings could do with a little bit of your sternness." Elijah closed his book, following after his brother who looked at Hayley.

"Matthias—you've returned." The werewolf, noted looking at her so called uncle, who stared down at her their hazel eyes meeting.

Matthias chuckled, unfolding his bag revealing a set of bow and arrows making her eyes widened. "Huh, I didn't know you cared about my well being."

Hayley nodded timidly, Elijah closely watched their interaction with amusement. It was a known fact that his younger brother didn't really care for human interaction and it seemed he didn't really enjoy talking with Hayley given his tense demeanor.

"Well, it's been very hectic in this house without you shouting orders at Klaus and Rebekah." Hayley said.

"Well Elijah's back now meaning I can officially go back to being the silent brother." Picking an arrow up Matthias expected it.

Hayley nodded before she attended to the fridge to find something to eat after all she was carrying a child. But Matthias paid her no attention. "Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" She looked at the group of vampires.

Dragging the dead girl by her arm, Rebekah struts into the kitchen. "Speaking of which add bleach." She tells them while smiling at Matthias.