𝟎𝟕.

Hidden Truths ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 07

Hidden Truths
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 07. Hybrid Child #3

To say becoming whatever Esther and Mikael had done to the 7 Mikaelson children was a good thing would be far from the truth. The siblings were all suturing from the new effects of their new lifestyle.

It started off when Rebekah tried to go outside the next morning and was immediately burned by the sun. It caused the children to stay inside for weeks until their mother came up with a situation to fix their problem.

"I call them daytime rings." She told her children who all looked at her as if she was stupid. Matthias and Lilith sat in the far back.

Matthias never really voiced it out loud but he had touched the sun one morning and was perfectly fine but he didn't speak of this having a clue it might have been because of his heritage.

"Try them on." She insisted. Elijah being the brave one placed the silver ring on, he soon moved toward the window where everyone else moved scared of being burned. He stuck his hand out seeing no burns or anything making everyone smile.

Soon they started placing the rings on. While Esther walked over toward Matthias and Lilith handing them the rings.

She smiled at them while the twins looked at each other before slipping the rings on.

This was the solved issue to the first problem but soon there became another.

They could no longer gain access to their neighbor's houses without invitation. It was frustrating at times but Matthias didn't have a problem with it.

"Ethan." Matthias greeted his best friend who smiled at him and they both embraced each other.

Everyone watched Matthias closely thinking he'd soon kill the young man but to everyone's surprise, Matthias didn't even attempt to feed from Ethan.

The third problem was the flowers that grew around the great white oak tree burned them just as the sun did. However, they did not know why.

And soon Matthias found out that the white oak tree that was granted them life could also take it...so he along with their siblings burned it.

The Mikaelson family along with Ethan watched as the huge tree burned to the ground.

Lilith slipped her hands inside Matthias's while they watched the flames burn brighter.

And the last problem? The biggest of them all was hunger.

The children craved blood more than they craved life itself and they could not control it.

Matthias especially had a troubled mind when it came to blood he tried to avoid it at all cost but it was getting quite hard.

Matthias walked through the woods when the scent of fresh blood traveled straight to his nose.

He tried to fight off the temptation by closing his eyes but it did not help as the mouth-watering flesh had already grasped onto him.

His mouth began to ache as his front two Incisors began to elongate toward the tip of his lips. Followed by his canines.

His eyes turned a yellow/gold color while dark green almost black veins pumped from his eye sockets.

He let out a growl before he used his newfound speed to rush toward the man tearing into his jugular.

The taste of blood was overpowering to him but yet when he consumed it he felt more powerful than he did before.

He tore away from the man before he dropped the body on the ground when a scream could be heard.

He quickly turned his head as another familiar scream broke out.

He rushed toward the sound of the screams with Elijah and Mikael following closely behind him.

He stopped abruptly as his eyes widened. It was Niklaus whose legs cracked as he fell onto the floor screaming.

"What the bloody hell," Matthias muttered. Klaus soon lifted his face showing them his true heritage.

His yellow-golden eyes shined brightly in the pitch-black night he let out a growl with his four fanged teeth protracting.

"What's happened to me?" Klaus screamed while Elijah stepped forward Mikael stopped him glaring down at Klaus.

"Stop! He's an abomination!" He spat looking at Klaus with so much hate that Matthias had never seen from the man.

"How could you say that to your child?" Matthias voiced his opinion causing Mikael to glare at him.

"He is not my child! Do you see his eyes? Those are the eyes of a beast! He is no Mikaelson!" Mikael shouted and Matthias flinched at his words.

Niklaus looked at Mikael and Elijah as if they were both deer in the wild and he was the predator.

But he looked at Matthias and you could see the recollection in them.

"You know what we must do. We must Handle this." He told the two boys before he sped off looking for his wife Matthias prayed his mother had an explanation for all this but he knew what happened.

Just as he and Lilith Niklaus had a different father. One who was a werewolf just like him and Lilith. Niklaus tried to lunge at Elijah who quickly sped him against a tree trapping him there.

"Matthias help me!" Elijah shouted. Mathias looked between his two brothers as he fought the internal battle that began in his mind. He could help Elijah tie down Niklaus or he could snap Elijah's neck and let Klaus roam free.

But then his father would start to question him and soon they'd learn the existence of him and Lilith as well... Lilith had not yet turned or maybe she didn't have the gene he did not know but he wasn't going to stick around to find out.

"I'm sorry Elijah, Niklaus but Mikael must not know." He told his brothers who looked at him confused. Matthias quickly sped off searching for his twin and Ethan who was luckily by the pond.

"We need to go now." He told the two who looked at him confused.

"What do you mean Matty?" Lilith asked, standing up alongside Ethan.

"Niklaus is a werewolf...he's not Mikael's son and I heard him ask mother to bind his werewolf side. If he finds out about us, imagine what she'll do to us. She'll try to bind our angelic side...not to mention my werewolf side or probably worse." Matthias explained.

"Where will we go, Matty?" Lilith asked, making him sigh.

"The one place we can go...we'll rerun in a couple of days to see if everything's calmed down but for now we need to get away from here we can't risk it." He told them, causing the two to nod.

"No matter what happens we stick together okay?" He told them, making them smile.

"Always and forever," Lilith told him. She heard her mother say the saying so she adapted it and now it applies to the two most important people in her life.

"Always and forever." The two boys said in unison. Matthias grabbed Ethan's hand before he sped away with Lilith following as they fled the village.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃