𝟎𝟓.

A fallen Viking▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 05

A fallen Viking
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 05. Tragedies

It was sunrise when the trio returned to the village. Matthias' bones still ached from his first transformation but while his body ached his senses seemed to have enhanced.

He could hear further now and could even pick up on the most to tiniest sounds. His smell was much shaper as he picked up on the smell of burnt-out wood 10 miles before they even got to the village.

And his eyesight was much more accurate to the point he could make out the spiders spinning their webs in the hugest parts of the trees.

They arrived in the camp when Matthias' ears picked up on the soft sounds of sobs. They sounded a lot like his mother's but he couldn't be sure.

"I-I think mothers crying," Matthias informed his twin who looked at him with furrowed brows. The twins along with Ethan walked toward their hut but stopped in the middle of their steps.

There laid all their family members hurled over dead crops that Matthias could now make out as his baby brother Henrik who looked as if he was torn apart.

"Mother..." Matthias whispered drawing everyone's attention to them. Esther noticed her son's clothes seemed to be torn making her heart sink thinking he was attacked as well having no idea that her son just turned into the same beast that killed his brother.

"Matthias, are you alright?" Elijah asked rushing over toward him. Matthias nodded while he stared at the fallen body of his brother.

He didn't know much about Henrik since he had only met the boy a couple of months ago. But they had some good memories together he taught him how to shoot a bow and he taught him a few magic tricks.

"Ayana please help him." Esther pleaded to the Bennett witch who sighed. She kneeled next to the body as she closed her eyes. The Mikaelsons all looked at the witch in anticipation as she opened her eyes looking at them with sorrow.

"There is nothing I can do. His soul is already gone." She told them. The Mikaelson family all sobbed while Matthias stared at the dead body of his baby brother.

"We cannot allow this to happen again," Mikael muttered the only person hearing him happening to be Matthias who looked at him in confusion.

"We're going to give him a proper burial," Niklaus muttered. Matthias placed a hand on his shoulder causing Niklaus to grasp his hand tightly as Matthias sent him a sad smile.

"We can do it tonight. I'm sure the entire village will want to be there as well." Kol suggested while everyone agreed.

Matthias backed away from everyone before he walked deeper into the forest. He needed to clear his mind of what had just happened. His kind was responsible for the death of his brother. What would his family think if they knew he was one of the same beasts? Would his father try to kill him? Would he be banished?