𝟎𝟑.

Parabatai▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 03

Parabatai
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 03. Soulmate

Standing in a huge hallway was a fully grown Matthias who had just turned 18 a few moons ago. The young male had grown much in his appearance including his bright hazel eyes that resembled life itself. His dark brown hair sometimes appeared black to people who didn't know him.

He had multiple tattoos on his body that marked all his achievements over the last 13 years of his life. He was a warrior now that had responsibilities and right now he was about to make the biggest choice he had ever concluded in his life.

"Matthias?" Lilith called out for her twin. She turned her head, catching him staring out the window with a sorrowful expression. Just as Matthias Lilith appeared differently as well. They were identical in every aspect except their personality.

Matthias had a somber personality, he was always focused on what people thought about him or what he did wrong and what he could do to fix himself. It's just something that had grown inside him and took away his carefree nature.

"I'm not doing it, Lil." He said with a shake of his head. He couldn't do it. Lilith frowned, walking over toward her big brother as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean you can't do it? You've waited for this moment our entire lives. You can't back down, having a Parabatai is a great opportunity that not many get to share." She expressed.

"It's too intimate, I just can't do that. It feels like I'm giving my soul away or something." He said with a shake of his head.

"Matthias gets a grip. You have to do this, this is your final stage before we can finally go home. What we've been trying to do for the last 13 years. We get to see our family again. Elijah, Finn...Mother even father." Lilith explained.

"It's okay...if you have feelings for him you know?" Lilith said, causing Matthias to jerk his head in her direction.

"What?"

"Your feelings for Ethan. It's okay if you have them, everyone eventually falls in love, including you." She says, making Matthias sigh.

"I don't have feelings for Ethan...not in a romantic type way at least. I just don't feel comfortable with that sort of commitment. I hate it." He confessed with a shake of a head.

"Well that's a problem we'll face another day. But today is the day you get magically bonded to your best friend so we can finally go home. I love it here but I'm sick of this damn place." Lilith muttered walking off.

Matthias sighed before his fingers subconsciously fiddled with the wooden carved Stag pendant that Elijah had gifted him. He had never taken it off since his brother gave it to him; it was the only thing that kept him sane knowing that his brother wouldn't forget him...he hoped that Elijah and Finn would remember him or that would crush him.