𝟏𝟔.

Eventually, everything must burn▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━ 16

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 16. City Down

Curling his hair Matthias stared into the mirror with a blank expression. There was this constant nagging feeling that crept up on him every time he allowed his mind to relax—he couldn't help but think that something big was coming and he had to be prepared for it.

"Matthias would you bloody hurry up!" The screams of his youngest sister came from downstairs while he continued to get dressed.

Today was a special day...it was the day where two siblings were born into a world of chaos. They had no idea what life had in store for them but yet nine hundred years later and here they were.

Standing up Matthias threw on his coast before smoothing it out. The sound of heels clicking passed its way into his ears earning him to turn his head with a smile.

"Happy birthday Lillian." He greeted his twin sister who had just arrived in the city a couple of hours ago. She smiled, letting her long hair down, touching her back.

"Happy birthday Matthias." The twins embraced each other tightly with a small laugh—this was the first time they had seen each other in almost fifty years, the longest they've ever been separated from one another.

"How was traveling?" Putting on his hand Matthias offers his hand to Lilith who took it as they descended down the stairs.

"Wonderful, many beaches I've visited...seen a bunch of hot fellas and party until the sun came up." She summarized her trip.

"Lovely."

"How about you?—Still keeping up with the pack?" The younger twin asked with her head tilted.

"A little bit—I've recently just started to take more measures inside the city. I opened a bar a couple of weeks ago. It's a mutual ground for all the factions." He explained, making her nod impressed.

"And Marcellus?" With that question Matthias smiled. He had not seen Marcel all day the young vampire had told him he had some business to take care of which confused him but he did not pry into business that was not his.

"We're good—I really feel like he's the one Lilith. The way his smile warms my heart every time we're alone. The way he's always patient with me when I sometimes need to figure things out. I couldn't have asked for a better partner." He confessed.

"I am happy for you—you deserve happiness and if Marcel is that person to bring that happiness out of you then I will gladly cheer you on from the sidelines."

"Thank you sister." Walking into the crowded bar the twins were met with loud cheers of their friends and family making them smile.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone shouted at them. Matthias' eyes soon focused onto a familiar blonde making him detach himself from Lilith.