matt sturniolo - anxiety

๑ ⋆˚₊⋆────ʚ˚ɞ────⋆˚₊⋆ ๑

you were in the car with the triplets recording a video for friday. the topic was underrated or overrated and things got heated between chris and nick as they were arguing over wether or not mcdonald's hash browns were overrated or not.

you and matt were sat in the front just watching and listening to the two boys arguing in the backseat over some silly question. you looked over at matt and noticed his hand on the steering wheel, a thing he did for comfort.

he noticed you looking at him and you whispered, "are you okay?".

he gave you a nod but you could tell by his body language something was off. you grabbed his spare hand and held it, rubbing circles over his hand. you focused your attention back to the two brothers in the back while you lightly massaged matt's hands.

after a minute or so of the two arguing, the topic had finally moved. "pasta," you read out from nick's phone.

"perfectly rated, no one exactly goes around and says ooo pasta is so good yum let me slam it down my throat but no one says they despise it either," chris said.

you giggled at his comment about the throat slamming bit as you knew a fan would later edit that clip. matt still seemed slightly quiet and wasn't speaking much so you took his hand which you let go of a minute earlier and held it.

he gave you a smile as he agreed with chris that they were perfectly rated. you were closer with matt than the other two, they were still your best friends but you and matt's friendship was a step up.

you experienced major anxiety when you were younger when you first moved to boston so when you befriended the triplets you could tell matt had some anxiety. he was the quitter one and even referred to himself as 'boring' which you majority disagreed with.

you were able to talk to him about anything, he could make a conversation from orange peels or candle wax. you both also related on the same level with your anxiety. this led the two of you to always recognise and comfort the other, even if it wasn't verbally.

you had filmed many videos with the triplets which caused a large amount of fan edits of you and matt being close. you did like them but knew deep down matt most likely didn't feel the same.

you had a very close friendship and would cuddle, hug, hold hands and even flirt but it was something you never thought twice about. until fans noticed in videos the looks and how you would both blush when you looked at each other.

it was stupid to have a crush on your boy best friend who had over two million subscribers and thousands of hundreds of girls chasing after him. but you couldn't help it.

he was the sweetest guy you had ever met and was always there for you. he was also a great listener and would always nod his head and maintain eye contact when you would speak. something about those eyes of his made you feel all jittery inside.

you hated to admit you did like him, a lot more than you thought. no one had ever mentioned or said anything about it before but when fans noticed it became very obvious that it did seem like something was going on between the two of you.

"y/n?" nick said.

"huh? yeah?" you turned around.

"waffle fries, overrated or underrated?" he said.