Chapter 18: Memories, Demon Children, and Lightning.

Yo, Gladers! I drew a picture of Newty Fruity in the media slot! Just outta fun but it made me cry. Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter! OH ACTUALLY WAIT KEEP READING. I'm making a Group C fan fiction, like Group A and Group B? WELL ITS ABOUT ANOTHER GROUP. EXCITING, RIGHT? Well, the first chapter is coming up toMORROW so KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT, c: Don't forget to add, vote, and comment. Peace.

 Chapter Eighteen

Marie's POV

    We ran too. When we saw him dart form the building, he didn't say anything,he simply took off. We ran after him, though he was already three hundred yards away from us, seeing as we stuck way behind the building in hopes of not getting caught in a trap, and still gaining speed. Minho didn't even have to say anything.

    I was alone, with my own blanket,which was the greatest thing to happen to me. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but Newt can be a heavy complainer sometimes. The packs have lightened considerably; I'm only holding a bag of apples and my nearly empty water bag. My breathing thickens, and my heart beats out of my chest, my steps are unevened and shaky. It reminds me of back in the Maze when I broke my leg, when Newt and I had our first kiss.

    I remember his love and keep going, and I probably bet that Minnie's only going because Minho's holding her hand. They're so cute together, I know that all the others think so. Leo is probably the biggest shipper of all. He refused to group with anybody unless Minnie and Minho grouped together, and though they acted so angry, their blush cancelled out anything of that effect. They're come far.

    We've come far.

After about an hour, Liam collapsed in a heap on the ground, I could see his form fall, though Frypan was the first to shout out. We finally caught up to him, he was laying flat on his back, his hair stuck to his forehead with sweat, his lips looked cracked, his eyes are broken and fazed.

    Minnie bends down, pressing a finger to his neck. "Still alive." She says, and Liam jerks forward, gasping for air.

    "Of course I'm alive! I wouldn't have been running that fast if I showed any signs of oncoming death." Minnie looks taken aback, her lips slightly separated, brow furrowed.

    "Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Mister-run- away, but we have been following you for an hour, and if anybody has the right to be sassy, it's me!" She says, jumping on his case. The queen of sass is back, rearing back and striking with the venom of her attitude. Liam deflates.

    "Hey! Nobody is getting sassy with anyone." Minho says, yet as soon as he calms down Minnie, he turns to Liam and shouts, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? RUNNING AWAY AND NOT TELLING US JACK! GET UP." Liam stumbles up, his chest heaving, eyes wide.

    "What did she say?" Minho says, his face calm once more, folding his arms across his chest. Liam looks like he just got whiplash.

    "She told me to run! She told us to run, go to the town." he shouts back, and Minho straightens up. For a minute, it looks like he's about to strike him, but he just pushes his way through the circle to the part facing the city.

    Sammantha walks next to him, peering at the city. "Well, if anythings better, it's that we might have dodged a bullet thanks to this shank." She says, the first Glang I've heard her mutter. "And that we're closer to the town."

    As she says that, we're all turned to the town, peering at it as well. The first time I've felt at peace with Sammantha, and it was when we  were in life or death situations.

    It looks bigger, now that she mentions it. We have only about three hours left before we reach the town. It's a rough estimate. Hope swells in my chest. I've spent about three days out here in this Scorch, the shade could do some good to my chapped skin. Poor Teddy looks like a french fry.