Chapter 23: Guns, Reunions, and Getting High

(A/N: hey guys, it's the long awaited chapter i've been asked to update for some time now! i hope you like it, and i appreciate every single of you readers <3 ! be sure to add, vote, and comment, enjoy this chapter!)

Chapter 23

Marie's POV

We both turn slowly, careful not to trigger the person behind the real trigger.

As soon as I heard the clicking of the gun sliding into place, my adrenaline pumped faster than it had hiding from the cranks, knowing that everything I had done would have meant nothing if the person holding this gun decided we weren't worthy of living.

Standing right in front of me is a man, holding the gun. He's short and pretty squat, and his hair would look pretty, nice and bleached, if it wasn't caked with sand. Behind him stand two ladies, both are lanky and have long locks clasped in pony tails.

I can sense Minnie joining my side, her arms out-stretched in a desperate surrender. I slowly feel myself raise my own hands until the open palms are facing the midget, who eyes both of us suspiciously.

What does this man want? I hear Minnie say, a headache immediately started the throb between my eyes.

I don't know, just wait. I can convince him to let us go. I'd look at her quickly from the corner of my eye as she gave the slightest of nod, her eyes locked on the gun.

"Well, well, well." The young man says, looking at both of us again as the ladies stand on either side of him. "What are two gals like you doing out here all alone? We have a party you guys can join if you fancy."

I'm the first one to speak, in fear that Minnie's own pride would get us killed. "Oh, no. We're good, thanks though. We should get back to our friends."

The man shifts his weight on his left leg, as the gun is aimed at me. "No party? What a shame. We're making you go anyways. Now." His gaze shifts quickly over to my twin as his lips curl into a nasty smirk. "Where are these friends?"

Minnie looks as me, and I nod. "They're in one of these buildings. They went to go find some food."

The man starts to laugh, as well as the ladies who join in reluctantly. "Nobody is that stupid. You're lying." He'd take one step forward, placing the gun between my eyes, as if it was triggering the headache itself. "Tell the truth, now."

Before I could open my mouth, I hear Minnie's voice. "I'll tell you, but don't shoot her. If you do, I'll punt kick you right into the bloody sun."

The only recognition of her comment was the twitch of the man's brow was he seemed to fight the urge to frown. "Tell me!" he shouts in raging confidence, thrusting the gun on my forehead. I fall backwards into the building, steadying myself with my hands against the dusty concrete.

"They're in a red car, it's all rusty, and it's missing a door." I'd close my eyes, breathing heavily. After a few moments of silence, I'd open my eyes again as I see the man looking at me suspiciously.

"She'd telling the truth. Girls, collect the children." He'd say simply as the gun was lowered from my head. I see his hand still wrapped tightly around the gun as he finger shakes above the trigger. And as if he had been knocked into a whole other person, his face would light up. "So, about that party. When your friends get back, we'll head on down."

Minnie's eyes were too busy focused on the backs of the ladies as they jogged to the car. Looking away, I'd only hear a few cries of helplessness and suddenly, the ladies were jogging back, one on them holding Liam and Lola at gunpoint, the other walking alongside Murphy, who seemed to oblige to their commands, eyes wide with fear.