Chapter Twenty-Five: Group B

*flails arms* Yes hello, it's me, and I'm here to wish you guys all a happy holidays and I hope you enjoy this chapter! be sure to add, vote, and comment! Now, get to reading, you shuck.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Group B

"We require but one thing... Well, two things." Roxie was the first one to speak in forever-- her voice was daunting, not only because I hadn't heard it since the first night of the trials, but because it held a certain threatening tone with it that even made Jorge tense. The knife quivered above Aris's adam's apple, as if she would drive the knife through his throat and pop it.

I look around. The others who had fallen from the ceiling had removed their hoods; two were on either side of Roxie, two girls. One was cocoa skinned with a large, bushy mop of dark curls. The other was a dainty blonde girl, with sparkling blue eyes. The rest of the girls had blended in, for they moved into a large, robed mass that surrounded the group of gladers.

Nobody spoke. I was eyeing the stained glass spears the women held tightly in their hands. Everybody, even the girls who seemed the most collected, were breathing heavily, and caked in dirt-- I had gotten a thin layer of dirt all over my body when stumbling down stairs.

The girls on either side of Roxie eyed Aris nervously, as if they didn't want her to hurt him.

"Sonya... Harriet!" Aris said breathlessly, first addressing the blonde, then the dark one, with the swift flick of his almond eyes. They didn't answer, only stand somberly, staring straight ahead. The blonde eyed Newt deliciously, but he didn't notice.

"You... you know these shanks?" Minho says incredulously, and Aris starts to nod, but the knife tightens and he simply closes his eyes.

"They're... they're my group! Not.. this nutter, who has a knife to my neck--"

"Watch it." Roxie growled.

"-- but I know Sonya and Harriet, and all the others. They would never! Never!"

Roxie growled once more. "They aren't your group anymore. We seek a different goal. You," She pushes Harriet forward with one hand; the girl stumbles and looks around, her fro bobbing, "Get the boy." Harriet uneasily steps in the direction of Teddy, and the entire group packs tighter together.

"No!" Roxie says angrily, careful not to move the knife closer to Aris as she shakes her head, "Get the blonde one. The one without the hand. And don't be afraid to hit him too."

"No!" shouts George, stepping in front of Liam, along with Lola, who was staring down Harriet with her razor sharp eyes. Both of the siblings had said no, and in that moments, their voices mingled and sounded like one. I could see Roxie looking at Lola, as if wondering who the new girl was, before turning to glare at her brother.

They both glare each other down, both of the same pairs of eyes-- rotating, green irises-- shot daggers at the other pair, as if there could only be one.

"We have weapons!" Roxie says, and all the girls thrust their weapons to the sky. "You try to attack us and we will kill this entire group." Her confidence seemed to waver for a short minute, but then she recovered, and Aris whimpered.

"Get. The. Boy."

Harriet grabbed Liam and he buckled in an attempt to throw her off, but his combined exhaustion and missing hand had proven to fall short of Harriet's strength. I reach out my hand but Newt pushes me back. Liam joins Aris, with a knife pressed to his neck as well. He tries to catch Roxie's eye, but she's locked her gaze on me.