Chapter 27: The letter.

HERE IT IS. THE PLOT TWIST. 

Chapter 27: The Letter.

GEORGE'S POV 

I don't say anything. I don't need to. I don't even need to move my fist, Newt is already on top of Aris, beating his face in. Blood splatters the floor within seconds, from Aris's nose and mouth. Newt's knuckles are red and raw by the time I've pulled his thin, gangly body off of Aris. Aris stumbles backwards into the wall, his brown hair a tangled mess, his slightly honey colored skin red and bloody.

"You killed her! You bloody killed them!!" Newt shouts, clawing at my own arms that are wrapped around his waist. I take a step back, trying to subdue this raging boy. My own heart hurts just from looking at him.

I don't know whether I am in denial, or that I don't care. My emotions are numb, on a rampage. I'm not heartless. I'm empty. That's part of the reason why I let Newt go. This time, to my surprise, he goes right for my sister.

"You monster! You bloody monster! You don't deserve the victory of taking the lives away from two innocent people! YOU"-

I'm on him again. Roxie's pinned down, tears streaming down her face, her eyebrow bleeding. Newt's face is perhaps redder than her light crimson blood. The boy goes limp in my arms once again, all his anger fading into broken despair.

He drops to the floor, holding his head in his hands, his weapon dipping downwards to the damp ground. The blood makes my feet sticky. Newt starts to sob. "I loved her! I loved her so much, and now she's gone! SHE'S BLOODY GONE! YOU GONE AND KILLED HER, YOU BLOODY BRUTES!" He screams but doesn't do anything, just remain in a heap at my feet.

Roxie stands up, trying to gain her balance, but topples on Aris, who groans in pain. I'm surprised myself to feel the tears in my eyes. Sure, Marie was annoying, but she was hella adorable and lovable, as well as Liam, who was innocent and had nothing to do with anything. What did they do to deserve this fate?

"Huh? Just leave, you've done enough damage." I spit at them. Roxie starts to sob too, and it hurts to see my baby sister like this, but she has done wrong, she deserves this, and way more.

"G-Georgie!" she sobs, her back arching in the act of it. Her light brown hair, chopped short in the summer heat, is tangled with blood now, probably picked up from her encounter with Liam. My heart lurches.

"I loved Liam too! I loved him so much it hurt!" she wails. Something snaps inside of me. as well as Newt, who runs forward and pins her against the wall, "So you bloody went and killed him eh? TORTURED THE POOR BOY BY KISSING THIS SLINTHEAD RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. THEN HURTING HIM AND MURDERING HIM. STUFFING HIS BLOODY BODY IN WHO KNOWS WHAT. WITH MY MARIE!" he screams. His spit lands on her face. She looks absolutely terrified.

There's silence as Newt breathes heavily. A tear rolls down my own cheek, and I blink furiously, trying to hide my eyes behind my pink-going-on-auburn bangs.

Newt lets go of her, walking over to Aris and kicking him in the ribs, hard. Aris groans. "You are nothing but a despicable piece of klunk. I should have never trusted you."

Newt suddenly looks up at me with his red, puffy eyes, and his wet cheeks, "George, you must have something to say, don't you?" I take a deep breath, trying not to look him right in the eyes. I instead turn to Roxie.

"You are not my sister."

Roxie starts to wail sliding down the wall. "It's not what it looks like! I-I was forced t-t-to do this! And s-s-s-so was Aris!" she lets another wail escape her lips, burying her face in her hands. "If you let me e-explain without trying to h-h-hurt me, you would understand!"