Chapter Twenty Four: Hair-cuts, Hellos, and Hell.

(a/n: hello u lil klunks!  i hope you enjoy this chapter. don't forget to add, vote, and comment!)

CHAPTER: TWENTY-FOUR: Hair cuts, Hellos, and Hell.

MARIE'S POV

I wake up in no pain. Everything was numb. My arms, legs, chest, even my inside felt like motionless sludge. As soon as my eyes opened up, I realized I was staring at a blank wall. It was quite poorly- lit where I was but the air reeked like sterile air-freshener. I could faintly see blue light reflecting off of my arm hairs when I tilted head, surprised I was not in my usual wear. I was completely naked, except for a pure white gown that flowed over to my knees then stopped.

By habit, I quickly cross my legs at the ankles, afraid anybody was spying, and sit up. I can't feel my feet touch the ground, but when I look down, I see I have pushed myself up and I'm sitting upright. Reaching up, I'd grab one of my curls and bring it down, my eyes wide. Somebody cut my hair.

Instead of the luscious locks I had before and the ones that Newt had played with when we were walking, I only had them to my ears, where they playfully wafted around. My heart starts to race as I continue running my hands through my new found hair, looking frantically for a mirror.

Before I have a grip on where I am, I'm already wandering around, stumbling into metal carts toting needles and tubes of thick blue liquid. My hands snake towards a door handle, but before I can, a monitor near me starts to light up. It's quite blinding but I turn my head towards it.

It's a video of Newt, he's hunched over a bag of food, moving swiftly as he separates them into small portions. His hair and clothing is caked with sand, and I can see he had changed into a leather jacket that suited him quite well. Looking up, his eyes skimmed the little building he was in. Then, my other friends run in, seemingly panicked. Minnie, Minho, Logan, Lamar, George, Teddy, Leo, Liam, Aris, Thomas, Frypan, and the cranks, Lola, Jorge, and Murphy. Then the man who helped me and my friends back at the building. My memory suddenly comes crashing in as I run to the monitor, running my numb hands along the screen as I feel my eyes fill with hot, angry tears. They start to block any openings in the buildings. Doors, windows, stair cases, as dirty hands and angry faces poke through, teeth gnashing.

Where am I? Why aren't I with them? What happened? What's happening now? The questions run through my head like a relay race, each one taking up a decent chunk of my attention. "Newt!! Minnie!" I shout, starting to mess with the keys on the keyboard. A few screens pop up, blocking my vision from my friends. I start to panic, typing random stuff.

"Help!!" I'd start to shout, my fingers moving faster than my reflexes. I hear footsteps and turn, not reacting fast enough because there are already hands gripping my waist. I am lifted into the air and my vision is going blurry as the numbness wears down, only exposing me to pure, raw pain in my lower left calf.

"Get her knocked out and stabilized!" I hear a voice shout in my ear and I start to squirm. I feel a bandage wrapped around my leg and I look down at my leg only to see it was red and soppy, the blood running down to my bare feet.

I'm thrown onto the same bed I woke up in, panic seizing my heart and squeezing it. I'd start to scream as hands pin down my hands and tilt my head back. "Shh, it's okay!" I hear tons of voices overlap each other as blinding light glares down at me, making the heads peering down seem like mere shadows. I don't even have time to react before I feel a needle in my neck, and only slumber washing over me like calm waves.

The last thing I remember is taking a short breath as the numbness takes my body captive once more, and the shadows heads finally blur as my eyes close.