25

Guarded

"The ace player of Levest One finally lost his game!" The guy announced again.

Their laughters grew more. They kept on throwing insults na siyang hinahayaan ni Sorin.

What a small world. I lost my mind that it was actually possible that we could meet in this place because this was one of his sports before.

"Don't you hear me, Elene? I said get off from that thing." He said anxiously yet dangerous tone.

Lumapit sa amin iyong grupo.

"I thought, you don't do girlfriends?" Panunuya ng lalaki.

"Dinedeny mo, Laurent?" Hindi makapaniwalang sabi ng isa.

"Why is that? So you can chose who to fuck?"

"Damn you. I don't just fuck anyone!" Sorin snap.

Doon na ako mas lalong kinabahan. Bumaba ako ng sasakyan ko.

Sino ba itong mga ito at mukhang pinoprovoke nila si Sorin?

The woman crossed her arms and looked at us from head to toe. There's an offensive smirk in her face.

"Your name is quite popular in the frat. Even in the near city, or a club, you never miss."

I felt a warm hand on the back of my waist. Nilapit ni Sorin ang bibig sa akin para makabulong.

"Let's go."

"See! Look at that! Omy, this is going to be a big news!" The woman jumped in excitement as if she found something big! Something entertaining!

I moved away from Sorin and faced him. His focus is still on me. Mukhang wala pa ring balak patulan ang grupo.

"Magsalita ka nga! Sabihin mo na alam mong ako ang kalaban mo that is why you go easy on me!" I told him while gritting my teeth.

His jaw clenched. "I didn't know you do this kind of sports. So, no. I won't say anything."

So, it was a coincidence?

"But you immediately knew it was me when I shouted a while ago."

Hinagod niya ang buhok gamit ang kamay at galit na umiwas ng tingin.

Sorin lost the game. This was the first match he lost. Because of me. He went easy to because he recognized my voice a while ago. I broke his winning streak when it came to motorcycle competition.

"Is she really your girlfriend?" Nagtawanan ulit sila. "You lost to your girlfriend?"

"Omy. Lover boy, Mr. Laurent!"

I fisted my knuckles when their mocking continue.

Tinaas ko ang envelope na hawak ko. "You race for money?"

He eyed the envelope darkly.

"500,000 pesos. In exchange for what?"

He tried to reach for my elbow but no. I didn't let him touch me!

"Let's just go."

"Who are these people, Sorin?" I demanded for an answer.

His face became irritated. "Does it matter? It's my own business. Cut the crap, Elene. Don't act as if you're concerned about me."

My breathing became more heavy. Unti-unting bumaba ang kamay ko. I felt like someone pierced me with a knife.

I care for him. It's my truth. I never fake my concern for him. It's not his fault that his trust towards me is now broken but it still hurts.