Epilogue - Part 2

Sacrifice

"Drop her or I'll drop everything away from you."

I closed my fist tightly as soon as I heard it. He said it right to my face the moment I entered his office. It's so fucking cliche you know? Really? He will scare me just to leave Elene? What am I? A fucking coward?

"Do it." I told him without hesitations.

His jaw clenched. He rested his back on his swivel chair and watch me dangerously.

He couldn't believe what I just said. He can't force me to do what he says. Not when Elene is involved.

"I don't care. Do it." Hamon ko.

"You are ridiculous." Iniling iling niya ang ulo.

I smirked. "Less of you."

He wants me to leave Elene just for what? For my riches left by my mom? I know I worked hard for it to grow. I treasured Advenna so much. And if my mom is watching me, I know I did her proud too.

But I know, my mom and I want the same thing when it comes to this.

I choose Elene. I will choose here over anything.

"Can you hear yourself, Sorin? Is your mother's possesion doesn't matter to you?"

"It matters to me of course!"

"Then why are you choosing that girl!?"

"Because I am not like you!"

Natahimik siya. Nanlalaki ang mga mata sa gulat.

"What matters to you is your riches! It's my mom's possesion for me but why are you making it hard for me to earn it!? Its my mom's!"

"I am just being careful!" He shouted.

"In what way!? To make use of me? Is that it? Because for you, I am not your son!? So you are using me now for your business? For your selfish gain? And everytime I am on the edge of breaking free, you will threaten me?"

He knows that I am capable. Kaya siguro tinetake advantage niya ang hawak sa ari arian ni Mom para mahawakan pa rin ako sa leeg.

It's been years since the last time I stepped my foot here in our house. It didn't not change. After my mom left, it feels. . .nothing. It's empty. It's dark. It's lifeless. It doesn't feel the same way.

"You know what, keep everything to yourself. I don't need it. My mom would understand why I don't want it."

"Sorin!"

He is really pissed. I am kinda worried about his blood pressure.

The father I know won't do this to his own child. He won't make me choose between two things. Between two things I love.

I know he hadn't moved on yet. I know how much he love her. He was just being blinded by rage. . .by lies. But I knew my father. If there's one thing he treasure so much, it's my mom. His family. Our family.

"As much as I want to take care of my mom's riches, if it means losing Elene, I would rather not have it." I said to him slowly.

I want him to understand that I can lose everything but not my Elene.

"You will regret this, Sorin. You will be poor!"

I shook my head firmly.

I will be poor? Not gonna happen!

I'll work hard so I can provide everything what Elene wants! I will work day and night, without a rest just to give her the life she deserve! The life she dreamed of! I won't get tired of working as long as I would see her at the end of the day! As long as she will soothe me. And tell me that we will figure out life together. That was more than enough for me to keep going.