Chapter fourteen

"Okay, Nat, what the hell was that reporter talking about?"

"Steve, now's not the time," she replied.

He crossed his arms, "I think now is the best time. We can't keep having secrets and I'm willing to bet one of yours is staring us in the face right now."

Rogers turned around and looked at Nadia.

"Who is she?"

"I helped her when she needed it. She's a part of our team now, that's all you need to know," Natasha remarked.

He shook his head, "no not good enough. What are you hiding?"

"I would also like to know what you're hiding," Clint commented.

"Natasha has a secret love child," Scott nodded sure of himself.

She rolled her eyes, "where the hell did you hear that?"

"C'mon she looks just like you," he pointed out.

"I can't have kids, moron," she stated.

"What do you mean you can't have kids?" Steve questioned.

"Red room sterilized me," she stated.

"Awkward," Scot spoke.

"Even if she was my mother, who would she even have had me with?" Nadia questioned.

Scot eyed Sam, "I mean it makes sense, right?"

Sam raised his eyebrows "Why because I'm black?"

"Well obviously the kid looks mixed, so If Natasha's white than-"

"Okay, I think we get it," Clint said.

"We're getting sidetracked here, Natasha you need to just come out with it," Steve vocalized.

Natasha didn't say a word.

"You can tell them. They deserve to know," Nadia told her.

"Nadia is a black widow like me," Natasha shared.

"I'm also a former hydra member," Nadia admitted.

"Hydra? Nat, why would you bring her with us? You know they can't be trusted," Clint expressed.

"But I was hydra," Wanda mentioned.

"You were an experiment, there's a difference."

"I'm no longer under their control, I have no desire to bring harm to any of you. Natasha saved me and I owe her," Nadia asserted.

Steve nodded, "Is that all?"

"It is," Natasha affirmed.

"If you trust her then she can stay," Steve concluded.

Abruptly, all of their phones went off.

"It's a video," Wanda announced.

On the screen was a video of all their information being shared online. As if that wasn't enough there was something more appalling. There was Nadia, sharing the details of her mission status to hydra. A very well executed plan on how to take down each avenger.

"I can explain," Nadia stammered.

"Then explain, how is there a video of you planning our downfall?" Steve inquired.

"This was before," Nadia stated.

"Before what? This looks recent."

"This was when I had the chip in my head, I had to do what they asked of me," Nadia explained.

"But that can't be true, the date of the video says it's about the time after you and Natasha

met," Clint remarked.

"That date is wrong," Nadia claimed.

"Natasha, what do you think?" Bucky asked.

"Clint's right, this was after me and Nadia met. She didn't have the chip yet," she disclosed.

"Wanda, what you said back at the prison. What did you mean?"

"I looked inside her head. But it was only for a moment, I don't know exactly what it was," she replied.

"What did you see?"

She opened her mouth in shock, "I remember now. I saw her when she alerted the guards. She did that on purpose."

"Wait, I can shed some light on that. Nadia is the reason for why we were captured, hydra forced her to give us up," Natasha clarified.

"And you didn't say anything," Steve stated.

"I knew you wouldn't have trusted her if I did."

"You're right, I wouldn't. She's a liability," Steve said.

Nadia scoffed, "A liability? I helped your asses get out of jail."

"Yeah, then you helped almost put us back in a more insane one."

"Okay, so what do you want to do? Lock her up?" Natasha asked.

"I don't want to, but we might not have a choice. She released all of our information, and we don't know if she was under hydra's control when it happened. She can't be trusted right now," Steve commented.

"Wasn't Bucky a hydra experiment? You talk about trust, but can you really trust him? A few trigger words and he goes back to being the winter soldier," Nadia retorted.

"This isn't about him," said Steve.

"He isn't the one who gave our enemies ten ways to kill us," he added.

He continued, "I'm not the leader here, this should be a team decision."

"Let's put it to a vote."

Nadia watched nervously as they all voted yes.

"No one is touching me," she spoke shakily.

"Nadia, we're not going to hurt you. Just come quietly so we can get to the bottom of this," Natasha told her.

She started to back away from them, "no get away from me."

They came closer.

Nadia yelled, "I said get away from me!"

Her scream generated a powerful shriek of high amplitude, causing the avengers to fall backwards.

"The hell was that" Sam grunted.

"One last thing I didn't mention, she has some sort of sonic scream ability," Natasha said.

"Enough of this," Wanda spoke.

Using her telekinesis, she moved the vase from the table and slammed it over her head causing Nadia to fall and become unconscious.

Natasha sent her a glare.

"She was not going to come voluntarily," Wanda stated.

Natasha reluctantly picked up Nadia and put her over her shoulder, they walked down to the basement. She put the girl in a cell that was also often used as an interrogation room. She sighed as she locked the door from the outside.

"You're doing the right thing," said Steve.

"Maybe, but she's not going to see it like that," Natasha replied.