Chapter Fifteen

Nadia groaned as she sat up feeling her head. Looking around her surroundings she realized she was in a cell, a room more modern than a jail cell but was similar. A one-way glass window and what looked to be no way out.

She ignored the pain she felt in her head and instead focused on what was on her neck.

It felt like a collar.

She got up from the bed and tried to look through the window.

"Let me out of here," she shouted.

                                 ***

"How can you eat at a time like this?" Sam asked.

Scott continued stuffing his face with a spoonful of cereal, "hey, food helps with stress."

"Where's Bucky?" Steve questioned.

"Right here," he answered, appearing with a new arm.

"Woah, where'd you get that?"

"Tony," Bucky answered.

"He gave that to you?" Wanda inquired.

"Yes, but only under the condition that I consider signing the accords," he said.

"You're not actually thinking about it right?"

"I don't know," Bucky answered.

"Buck, can we go outside to talk? Alone," Steve responded.

Bucky nodded and the two went out the door.

Once they left, everyone else heard a loud scream.

"She's up," Natasha stated.

"I think I'll eat my cereal upstairs," Scot said, excusing himself.

"I don't really feel like getting pushed to the floor again, so I think I'll join you," Sam said.

Natasha walked towards the door and opened it.

***

Everything inside the room had been tossed around and thrown to the floor.

Nadia had been screaming to the top of her lungs.

She was going to start hitting things until Natasha's voice came from a speaker.

"Достаточно!" (Enough!)

"I need you to calm down," Natasha spoke.

Nadia gritted her teeth, "let me out."

"Not happening," Natasha refused.

"I need to make sure you're not a threat to anyone. So, until you tell me everything, you're not leaving this room," she firmly asserted.

Nadia grabbed one of the lamps from the table in the room and positioned her hand back ready to throw it.

"Don't you dare," Natasha warned.

Those words. She was five years old again, and she had just been caught trying to leave her room.

"Mama, I want to fight with the others," she whined.

"Moya Golubushka, (my little dove) you know you're not allowed to," her mom reminded.

"Not fair," Nadia crossed her arms.

"Hey, look at me."

Nadia obeyed and directed her gaze to her.

"You cannot fight with the others not only because you are not old enough but because the bad guys will allow you to get hurt," she explained.

"Why?"

"Well, that's just how the fighting goes here, little one," her mom shared.

"That's mean, you should put them in timeout," Nadia expressed.

"If only it were that simple," the woman chuckled.

"They need to because they're bad and when you're bad you go in timeout like me," she said.

Natasha raised her eyebrows, "Nadia, what did we talk about?"

Nadia furrowed her eyebrows confused, "I don't remember."

"You're not bad, sweetheart, sometimes you just make bad decisions."

"Now, since you can't fight with the other girls, how about I teach you?"

The little girl exclaimed excitedly, "really?!"

"Yes, I'll teach you everything I know."

Natasha called her name as she saw her stare at nothing.

"C'mon, I need to know everything you know," she said.

Nadia blinked in confusion.

Before she had no memories of her mother, but now she does. It only caused her pain though, not being able to see her face or get a clear sound of what her mother sounded like. It was almost like her brain was protecting her. Coming back to reality she was feeling irritated by the way Nat kept nagging her.

"I don't know anything, okay? That video is edited," Nadia remarked.

"How would a news reporter edit that kind of video?"

"Maybe it wasn't them, maybe they had someone else do it," Nadia conferred.

Natasha looked doubtful and this only made Nadia grow more irritated.

"Why the hell don't you believe me?!"

"You're a black widow, you can tell when someone's lying," Nadia stated.

"Yeah? And you're a black widow and former hydra agent, so that means you're an excellent liar. How can I believe anything that comes out of your mouth," Natasha pointed out.

"After everything we've been through you still don't trust me," Nadia sighed.

Natasha looked away guilty, "there's only one way we'll know for sure if you're telling the truth."

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

"Wanda is going to look inside your head," Natasha stated.