Chapter Twenty One

"I'm sorry your friends are leaving," Nadia truthfully said.

She was driving and decided that the drive was too long to sit in silence. She figured that the cold shoulder was given long enough but she would not admit that. 

"We were already down three avengers. What's two more?"

"Two years is a long time. Anything can happen," Nadia said.

Natasha looked at her, was this it? Was this her opening?

"Mhm. So, you're talking to me, does this mean you forgive me?"

"No. It means I'm bored and want to make conversation," Nadia replied.

She said it fast, almost too fast. As if she knew the women would already ask that. She wasn't lying. She hadn't forgiven her. But she did miss their talks. Natasha was the one to introduce her to such sentiment. The talk of feelings became something of the norm ever since she was no longer mind controlled.

"Are we almost there?" Wanda questioned.

"No. Traffic is a bitch," Nadia answered, irritated.

"You still haven't told me what you plan to do," Natasha mentioned.

"Remember when he attacked us not too long ago? He remembered who you are and even showed remorse when he had to kill you. He's being controlled and I'm guessing they put a switch in the back of his neck as they did to me," Nadia said.

"So the plan is simple. I'm gonna remove it with my power," she added.

"You couldn't just tell me this at the house?"

Nadia shrugged, "didn't feel like it."

"You just didn't feel like it? I didn't know we had that option when someone's life is at stake," Natasha said sarcastically.

"Whatever. Do you think you can be quiet for the next twenty minutes so I can focus on getting there?"

"I'm being told to shut up by a child. Can my life get any better?" Natasha said to herself out loud.

"Yeah, I'm doing you a favor. Getting your lover back, you should be thanking me right now," Nadia told her.

"Now who's the one being chatty," Natasha remarked.

Not another word was said due to the animosity that was felt. Nadia finally arrives at what looks to be a warehouse.

"He's here. His file said he has a mission at this exact location," she informed.

"What's he up to?" Natasha questioned.

Nadia read what it said on her laptop, "a deal went bad between hydra and this company. The CEO refused to sell a very dangerous weapon and they want him captured. Dead or alive."

"Hydra loves their deals," she commented.

"Let's go before we find a dead body," Natasha said.

Natasha headed for the door and Nadia headed for the garage one that was right next to it.

"What are you doing? They'll hear it," Natasha said.

"Counting on it," Nadia replied, cracking her knuckles.

They went inside through Nadia's way and inside the large space was Nikolai and another man doing business at the end near the big windows.

"We will put this weapon to good use," Nikolai assured.

The CEO handed him the suitcase and turned around to call his boss. Nikolai lifted the suitcase and was ready to slam his head with it.

"That's not necessary, super soldier," Natasha calls out.