Chapter twenty-four

Nadia searches every room in the facility. Most have evacuated but there were ones who stayed and got in her way making her have to leave a trail of bodies. Her legs made their way downstairs once she realized he had probably tried to make an escape. She stopped after hearing a distressed voice.

"Has anyone seen my husband, Daniel? He gave me this address!"

She smirked as she realized the opportunity standing just a couple steps away. She met the lady at the entrance outside.

The woman came into her view, and she took steps towards her.

"You're his wife," Nadia stated.

The woman looked at her, "do you know where he is? I've tried asking other people, but they keep running off. What kind of company is this?"

"There was an intruder not too long ago. He exited the building...I'm sure he's not too far. I can take you to him, if you like?"

Nadia gave her a comforting smile that masked her real intentions.

"Lead the way, please," the woman said.

They walked together down the hill.

Not so long after, Daniel was spotted running to his car.

"Whitehall!" She shouted.

He turned his head just in time to see Nadia's smile.

Now that she had his attention Nadia grabbed the woman and dragged her towards him.

"Hey! That hurts. Let go," the woman pleaded.

"So does my heart," Nadia mumbled, loud enough for the women to hear.

Whitehall put on a brave face.

"Taking my wife? That's a bold move," he commented.

"Daniel. What's going on?" The woman asked tearfully.

"Everything's going to be fine, Sarah," Whitehall assured.

He raised his hands in surrender, "what do you want?"

"Turn yourself over. Your life for hers," she bargained.

"I'm going to kill you regardless, but I'd rather not do it in front of your lover," she added.

He shook his head, "that's not going to happen."

"My work is too important. I can always get another wife," he shrugged.

He was bluffing.

There was no way he would allow Sarah to die.

Nadia was sure of it.

He had to be bluffing.

Nadia decided to take the risk and pulled out the gun she had hidden in her back pocket.

She raised the weapon to Sarah's head.

"Are you sure about that?"

"You don't have the balls. Not anymore," Whitehall said.

But he was very wrong.

Nadia would have killed her right then and there if it wasn't for Natasha pushing her to the ground. They tussled on the concrete floor.

"She will not be your collateral damage," Natasha said, struggling to keep her daughter in place.

"I won't let you make the same mistake I did," she added.

"Don't make me use it," Nadia grunted.

Natasha shook her head, "you won't," she said, "that's not who you are."