16

Jisoo stepped into his empty home later the next day, feeling dejected. He dropped his coat on the floor and dragged himself to his room. A sudden rush of anger swept over him as he slammed the door shut and burst into tears. He walked into his bathroom and pushed everything off the counters, some glass shattering on the floor in the process. He avoided his own eyes in the mirror, choosing to smash it with a hairbrush instead.

He leaned against the counter and a heart breaking sob wretched itself from his throat. He tried to steady his breath as he looked up, a glint of something new showing in his eyes. He practically ran out into the halls, looking around the walls with various framed photos of him and his parents. With each and every one that showed his father's face, he smashed into the ground. "I hate you!" He cried out, stomping repeatedly on one specific photo. "I hate you so much!" Jisoo felt himself being yanked back and pulled into someone's arms.

"It's okay, it's okay," Jisoo's cries got louder at the sound of his best friend's voice. Minghao mustered all his strength to keep Jisoo from continuing his rampage.

"It's his fault, it's all his fault." Jisoo sobbed, falling to the ground. "I used to be so happy, Minghao." Minghao couldn't find the words to respond and just let Jisoo continue to vent. "He treated me like I wasn't worth anything, I just wanted him to be proud of me. He made me like this, like him. I couldn't even have friends unless they were more successful than us, everything was business to him. I think I fucked up Hao, I think I fucked it up with the only person I've ever felt like that for. Just like he did with mom." Another choked out cry came from his mouth, "oh god, mom. I've treated her so bad. I've treated everyone so bad."

Minghao stared at the mess of a hallway, shushing Jisoo's cries. He wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to do.

Not far away, Seokmin sat in his bed, staring emotionlessly at the wall. Seungkwan had come in a few times, attempting to make conversation to figure out what exactly happened. However, Seokmin hadn't said a word, he wouldn't even look to acknowledge him. Seungkwan wanted nothing more than to just know what he was thinking, and what he could do to help.

In one final attempt, Seungkwan came in and sat next to the male. "I'm not sure what you're feeling, Seok. So, I'm not sure what the correct words to use are. You don't have to tell me though; I'll be here for you regardless of what it is." No words came back, but the silent tear down Seokmin's face was enough reassurance that he understood. "When you're ready to talk, just let me know."

Just as Seungkwan's warm hand made contact with the metal of the door knob, a few quiet words fell out of Seokmin's mouth.

"Do you ever feel confused? About someone's intentions?" Seungkwan nodded at that. Seokmin finally looked into his eyes, "and do you ever feel selfish for wanting those intentions to cater to how you feel?" Seungkwan's heart broke for Seokmin in that moment, seeing him so vulnerable. Seokmin wiped his face off and sighed.

"Of course I do, Seok. It's perfectly fine to feel that way." Seungkwan stared, waiting for him to say anything else. He didn't. "I'll go pick up something for lunch." He stated, quietly, exiting the room with no further comments.

Seokmin immersed himself back into his thoughts, feeling so torn about so many things. He wasn't sure when this even happened. Was it sudden? Was that why he took everything so personal that Jisoo said in the first place, because he was attracted to him?

He groaned and laid back into the pillows. He couldn't figure out if he was being played with or if Jisoo was serious about everything, and that was tearing him apart inside. He finally decided to get up and go shower to get his mind off of everything stressing him out. He stepped into the warm water and just let it run over his body for a while, thinking of anything but Hong Jisoo.