12

"Out of our group of scholarships, two of us, one being me, aren't as.. fortunate as you all." Seungkwan took a second to collect his racing thoughts and focus. "I personally live in a very abusive household. For the most part, growing up, my parents loved each other, and wouldn't ever hurt one another or me. However, now that I'm left with my dad, I'm a mistake, slave, something that shouldn't have been brought to life, a-" he gestured up to his face, "punching bag."

"My dad put us in debt, almost three years ago. He was angry when he found out my mom cheated on him with a woman, she wanted the three of them to be together, because she loved them both. He doesn't believe in same sex relationships or other sexualities, so naturally that with being cheated on, he was compelled to go gamble away all the money she earned. He made a stupid mistake of dipping into his own account balance and is being forced to work under a harsh man to get the money. And, he took out his frustration on me, as always.."

"I'm so sorry.." Jisoo muttered quietly, Seokmin silently stood and hugged the hurt boy.

"Block them from your phone, we can go get you some clothes tommorow, hm?" Seokmin rubbed the boy's back as he started to cry.

"I'm scared."

"You don't have to be, I've got you Kwan. Stay here and finish school." Seokmin had to close his eyes to prevent his own tears from falling.

"I.. I can help buy stuff for you if you would accept..?" Jisoo offered.

Seokmin looked at Seungkwan, pushing him to answer, "that's fine."

They sat for a while longer, Seungkwan powering off his phone that was being overloaded with calls and angry messages from his father.

Seokmin lifted the boy from his chest and wiped away the remaining tears, noticing Jisoo nearly falling asleep across from them and giggled lightly. "Now, let me help you cover those up and we will go get you some stuff to get settled in, ok?" Seungkwan nodded and waited for Seokmin to come back.

When he did, he had a little rustic pink bag with tiny stars and constellations on it. It had a gold zipper, with a white crystal inside of it. He sat down and pulled out what looked to be concealer. "It might be cold I haven't used it in a while."

Seungkwan sat still, "what were you using it for anyways?"

Seokmin let out a long hum, thinking of how to phrase his next words. "Let's just say I'm not the most fortunate soul on this planet."

He looked closely as he blended in the concealer, it was a bit darker than his skin tone so Seokmin put a thin layer of light colored setting powder over it. "Tell me the story some time?"

"Sure." Seokmin decided to have a little fun since he hadn't used make up in a while. "Would you mind if I did more than just that?"

Seungkwan shook his head and watched the other curiously. "Go for it."

Seokmin smiled and pulled out an eyeshadow palette, blush, a few tubes of lip gloss, and eyeliner. He put a cute light pink eyeshadow and lip tint on Seungkwan and a shiny gold in the corner of his eye, finishing it with some eyeliner. He backed away and examined the boy's face.

"What's wrong? Is it ugly? Did you lie and make me look like a clown?!" Seungkwan panicked.

"No! I just think it's missing something." Seokmin pulled another container from the pouch along with tweezers. Seungkwan stared at it skeptically. "Just sit still it will only take a few seconds."

Seokmin backed away again this time with a wide smile. "You're so pretty Kwan! You should let me do this more often!" Seokmin's eyes caught the glint of the gems he just placed under Seungkwan's eye. He stood up and pulled Seungkwan by his arms to stand also. "Go look." Seokmin pat the boy's side and gently shoved him in the direction of the bathroom.