Day 9 - Someone you wish you could meet.

Day 9 – Someone you wish you could meet.

Dear Santa,

Most people, actually probably 99% of people that had the wish to meet anyone would want to meet someone such as a celebrity they’ve been squealing over.

But why would I want to meet just another person that is shown on a box we call TV?

No, if I could meet anyone in the world it would be you, Santa. Consider yourself lucky because it was a close call between you and the Easter bunny. How that bunny is not fat from all the temptation of chocolate baffles me. xD

Anyways, when we’re little, we are always happy, full of life. Though when we grow up, the happiness dies, Christmas, birthdays all become less exciting.

When we’re young and we wake up on that Christmas morning, we are the first ones to rise and run to the Christmas tree because we believed that you actually climbed down our chimney-less houses and placed presents there.

To children you are like Jesus to the Jews, Buddha to monks and food to a starving child.

You travel to over two billion houses in one night and fit that many presents in a single sleigh though when we’re small we believed in it. You were magical, you brought happiness and that’s why kids are so joyful. Because they believe in whatever they want and anything is possible.

I would go to the local shopping centre every year and take photos on your lap, it was an honour to sit on your lap.

I miss it, looking outside my window on Christmas Eve, listening for the bells of Santa’s slay. You were really important to me Santa, and I still believe in you, just not as much as I used to.

Santa, I just wanted to say, thanks for making my childhood special. For making me believe in what I now think is impossible but for those very few years, I felt invincible so thankyou.

I wish, maybe someday I can meet you, that would be a wish worth wishing for,

Love,

Mary. K (: x