29

"When did you leave?"

"Maybe a week ago?", Frank says.

Gerard's hands freezes. He was putting the money away into the register.

"What?", Frank asks.

"Why didn't you call me?"

Frank looks at his shoes, biting his lips.

"I didn't think you'd pick up."

"God, I'm so sorry, Frank. I should have been there. Where did you even go?"

"I've been staying with Brendon."

"What? You mean...Dr. Urie?"

Frank nods.

"I didn't know you guys were...close."

Frank rolls his eyes, "He was just being nice. He's been really great to me. He's kinda like the mom I never had."

Gerard smiles, just glad to see that Frank's happy. He leans over the counter, setting his elbows on it, and stroking Frank's cheek slowly. Frank leans into it, closing his eyes.

The bell rings, startling the both of them.

"Sorry, we're closed.", Gerard says.

"Oh, too bad."

Frank smiles, already knowing who it was.

"Hey, Brendon."

Brendon walks over, draping his arm over Franks shoulder. It still makes Gerard a little uncomfortable, but Frank thinks he can suck it.

"We have to go back, but I'll make sure to drop Frank off tomorrow."

Gerard begins to protest, but ends up closing his mouth when Frank gives him a glare. Yeah, he really can't argue with Brendon. After all, he has been taking care of him, offering Frank a place to stay, and eat.

Gerard walks over, giving Frank a tight hug, and a small kiss.

"I love you. I'll see you tomorrow."