10

"Tell me exactly what happened, Frank.", the doctor says.

"I-I don't know.", I say shakily.

"Wh-where's Gerard?", I ask, a little panicked.

Since I woke up in the nurses room, I haven't seen him, and I'm starting to worry. I can feel myself getting worked up, and I just really want to see Gerard.

"He's fine, you however, you need to tell us-"

"I can't remember! And I can't think when he's all I can think about. Where is he?"

The doctor sighs, and writes something down on the clip board.

"We'll take you to him as soon as you tell us what happened."

I breathe in, and try to slow down my heart beat.

"I was just sitting with Gerard when this boy came up to us, and he pushed Gerard back when we tried to leave, and then he knocked me down, and kicked me, and then I blacked out, that's all that I remember."

He pauses for a second before speaking, "Frank, we're thinking about relocating your room-"

"No! Please don't. Gerard, he's the only one I can talk to. You- you can't do that to me."

"You'll still be able to see each other, you just won't-"

"Please. He's the only friend I've got here. He's the only friend I have."

He doesn't say anything for a while, just staring at me, and I shift uncomfortably on the chair.

"The nurses did tell me that he was able to pull you out of one of your episodes. Is that true?"

I nod.

"Has he pulled you out of any more?"

I nod.

He sighs again, and writes down some more stuff, and then closes the file. He stands up, ushering me to follow. I quickly jump up.

"W-where are we going?"

"I thought you wanted to see Gerard?"

I smile, and he opens the door, leading us out. We walk through the hall, passing the rooms, and then down another hall, past the lunch room, and then one more, and there's only one room at the very end of it.

"Is he in there?"

He nods.

"Why? Why isn't he in the room or something?"

"We had to put him in the quiet room. He hurt another patient, and he's really lucky that, that's all we did."

Hurt someone? Gerard would never do that, unless it was to that kid, but in that case, wouldn't it be in self defense?

The doctor unlocks the door, and slowly opens it. The room is uncomfortably white, and if you're not crazy when they put you in here, I'm sure you'll turn crazy. There's absolutely nothing in here but a mattress. Gerard is sitting across from it, in the corner, looking down. He doesn't move, not even when we walk in.

"Gerard, someone's here to see you."

"Leave me alone.", he says without looking up.

"G-Gerard?", I whisper out.

His head snaps up, and he looks so tired. He stands up, runs over to me, and throws his arms around me, squeezing me tight.

"Hey ,Frankie.", he whispers into my ear.

I sigh in relief as I hug him back. I start to cry into his shoulder, his arms just tightens in response.

"It's ok. What happened?"