Chapter 5

"Hazel! Nick! Just in time!" Kaitlyn walked over to the two with were carrying sticks in their arms.

"Hey! We got wood!" Hazel smiled.

Ryan snickers.

"We've already done that joke love, sorry." Kaitlyn narrowed her eyes at Hazel.

It's mostly just kindling." Nick said.

"Well there's already a big pile of logs here." Kaitlyn said.

"We could've gotten more but there was a hog or boar. But, Nick was very very brave and took one for the team." Hazel nudged him.

"Yeah saved her twice actually, don't forget about the falling rock." He adds.

"Are you guys okay? Nobody got gored?" Kaitlyn was a little concerned. Especially since everyone knew about the falling rocks by Rocky Road.

"Don't worry. We are okay. Promise mom." Kaitlyn placed her hands on her hips. "I feel like I am the mom of the group. Babysitting kids here, still."

"Heyyy!" Dylan said. "I heard that!"

"Oh trust me I know!" Kaitlyn smiles.

Hazel placed the sticks in the fire pit. Nick followed. Suddenly, a gunshot went off but then fireworks were in the air. Off in the distance.

"Special delivery!" Emma smiled walking over to the group along with Jacob who was pushing a wheelbarrow filled with watermelons. Hazel noticed the gun along her shoulders and her eyes widened. 

"Whoa! Where the hell did you guys find that?!" She asked them.

"Chill Hazel, my god always freaking out. Think I can't it or something?" Emma said.

"Yeah. You got lucky because you fired fireworks into the gun. Not a bullet." Hazel fired back.

The gang didn't understand why they dislike each other but it was just how they interact during camp. And with Emma always playing with her friends feelings. They weren't together anymore but Hazel was looking out for Jacob. He just doesn't realize it.

"Relax Haze, its not even real!" Jacob claimed.

Hazel looked over at him not believing a word he said. "Well I mean it is a real gun but its just for shooting bears." 

"We found it in the storage room." Emma mentioned.

"Anyway we bring you a hand-picked selection of only the finest that Hackett's Quarry has to offer." Jacob reveals the watermelons in the wheelbarrow. Nick went over and noticed something he was familiar with. He picked it up an orange bag. "No freaking way!" He said.

"Yes, freaking way!"

"Pop, pop, peanut butter butter pops! Pop, pop, pop'em in your mouth!" The two started dancing and singing this weird song. Hazel couldn't help but laugh and wish she could take a picture of this. Kaitlyn was already a step ahead. "I'll send it to you later." She whispered to her.

"POP!"

It was cute seeing him like this, out of his comfort zone. Normally he was the shy and quiet one, like Abi but since being stranded he's has grown out of his shell. Hazel watched as the two finished their dance.

"I didn't know you could find this still." Nick looked at Jacob.

"Hey, Hey. Cool your jets there cowboy alright? These are taken already. I found them." Jacob took the bag from Nick.

"Dude, you can't just shove those in my face and not expect me to pop, pop, pop'em in my mouth. Come one!" He said. He looks at Hazel which she didn't expect. "Don't look at me. I ain't helping."