Chapter 21

Tonight was the night to end it all. The group knew their role to play. All they had to do was survive the night. Hazel was worried about losing more people because of Silas. He infected most of the Hackett family and then they infected some of the counselors. First Nick, then Emma and now her.

The group were all inside. They all knew that Silas and the remaining werewolves were going to try and get inside.

A loud noise of thunder startled everyone. "Hey so if it rains, will that hurt them too?" Dylan asked. "The water from the pool stung like hell so I will assume yes." Nick responded.

Hazel looked over at Nick. 

What if he turned? Hazel knew he was more worried about her than himself. She decided to walk over to him. "Hey."

He looks up at her. "Hey."

"You okay?" She sat down next to him.

"Yeah, I just don't want to lose anyone else." He mumbled. "Including you."

"You don't have to worry about that Nick. Everyone is going to make it out of this."

He nods slowly. "Hazel if I turn like lose control or something."

"Nick-"

"Listen, please..."

Hazel nods. 

"If I do. I need you to promise that if I try to harm anyone, I want you to kill me."

Her eyes widen. "Nick, I'm not going to do that. I can't kill you.."

"Hazel. Only a few will get out alive and I want to make sure you will do the right thing. I know you will. And this isn't a debate.."

Suddenly everyone heard a loud howl outside. "Everyone be ready." Kaitlynn said.

Hazel grabbed her bow and placed it over her shoulder along with her arrows in a pouch on her back.

She could hear something coming down the chimney, probably one of them.

"Show time motherfuckers."

Ryan and Dylan were down below as Kaitlynn was upstairs with her shotgun. Nick was by Hazel, his goal was to protect her if necessary but to not turn. He knew if he had to he would let her know.

Kaitlyn looked at a painting on the chimney and immediately a werewolf jumped out. She fired her weapon but it dodged it. 

"Guys remember, silver bullets will kill them!" Hazel reminded them. 

Another werewolf breaks a window on the main floor by Hazel and Nick. It growled at the two. Hazel looked at its eyes. Red eyes. "So much for luring" She said.

At least it was right there in front of them. 

"Guys if anyone needs to get to safety go to Mr. H's office, they won't be able to get in." Ryan said to everyone on the walkie.

"Copy."

Hazel aimed her bow at Silas but it launched itself upstairs where Kaitlynn was. Kaitlyn saw him and immediately ran. It tried to swing its claw at her but missed. 

Dylan used the flamethrower to try and blind it and give the others time to regroup. It worked but then the other werewolf lunged at him. Dylan fell to the ground and was screaming. Ryan rushed over and fired his shotgun at the creature which made him get off Dylan.

Ryan grabbed his hand and leads him into the officer room. He noticed Dylan was bleeding. "Guys, Dylan is hurt. He can't go back out there, I'm staying with him and will guard the door."

Dylan and Ryan were out but at least safe. The werewolf that he shot was wounded, it wasn't Silas but Hazel just didn't give a damn anymore who it was.

She fired a silver arrow at it and watched as it howled in pain. Kaitlynn fired a shot at it which immediately killed it.

Four left

Hazel knew that arrows wouldn't kill it only hurt them even with silver. "Kaitlyn cover me!" She ran over to upstairs to get a better view of where Silas was. Nick growled and looked around to see where he could have gone.

"I lost him! Ryan can you see him on the cameras?" Hazel asked.

Ryan looked over at the monitors seeing nothing. "Nothing on here. He could be up on the balcony."

Hazel looked up and could see those red eyes. Silas dropped down right in front of her and cuts her arm, she groans in pain and gets thrown against a wall. Her bow falls out of her hand, sliding to Kaitlyn.

"Hazel!"

Silas growled and walked over to her slowly. It raised its claw but suddenly they all heard someone yelling.

Jacob ran over and tackled Silas to the ground. "Jacob?" She watched him punching the creature in the face. "Hazel go I got this!" He said.

He didn't have a weapon on him to finish the job. Silas was able to throw him off. It was now focused on Jacob. "Jacob run!" She shouts.

Jacob backed up as Silas was hovering over him. Nick jumped onto Silas having him now focused on him. "Jacob go! Get to Mr. H's office now!"

He didn't want to leave his friends behind but knew it was for the best. At least he proved to himself that he was brave. Jacob ran into the office seeing Ryan and Dylan there. 

So far, three were out of the fight. Hazel got up slowly and looked down at her arm, still bleeding. But she didn't feel anything, she wasn't even turning. Was she immune?

Kaitlyn rushed over to help her stand up. "Hazel you need to get to safety."

"No. I can't leave Nick."

Her attention went over to Nick seeing him fighting Silas. Nick grabbed his hands and headbutts him. Silas was still attempting to get out of his reach by clawing his chest which made Nick groan in pain.

Silas was more stronger than him and threw Nick to the chimney. "Nick!" Hazel shouts at him. Silas roared and turned to face her. "We need to go!" Kaitlyn leads her to the office but Silas jumped between the two blocking the way from Hazel.

"Kaitlyn shut the door now!" She orders.

Silas grabbed her by the throat and pulled her closer to him. She struggled to break free as he stared into her eyes. He saw her eyes shine a bright yellow spark.

Nick groaned and looked over seeing Hazel in danger. "No. Hazel!" He shouts. Nick couldn't lose her again not to this thing. 

He could feel the burning sensation through his body. He groaned in pain and growled. It sounded like a mix of his voice and a monstrous side. Nick could feel his bones breaking inside which made him yell louder.

Hazel could see him in her view, watching him slowly turning. "Nick don't!" She begged him.

He looked at her and shouts in pain. "I love you Hazel.." He said to her.

"Nick!"

Nick stood up and growled. His body explodes like last time and she cried. "NICK!" Silas turned to see him and growled. Nick growled back at charged at him making him let go of her. 

Hazel dropped down to the ground and watched the two fight each other.

She couldn't believe he would do that to save her but then she felt something inside her wanting to fight back.

To help Nick and save him.

Her eyes turned into a dark yellow color. 

This ends tonight.