Chapter 7

Hazel walked through woods, frustrated from what she saw back at the bonfire. She placed her hand on her shoulder and sighs. "When I really need to shoot something I don't bring my bow." She said. She continued walking and rambling  about what happened. "Why did I walk off? That looks desperate Hazel. Ugh, so stupid. Its just a stupid game and you ran off!"

She stopped realizing that she was completely lost. "Great. Nice job Hazel. You ran off because of Emma kissing your crush and got lost."

Hazel walked around trying to find her way back. She couldn't stop thinking about what happened. Watching Emma kiss Nick, it hurt her bad. Emma wanted her to suffer. Why? Sure they didn't like each other sure camp but to do that? That was too far.

"Can't believe he kissed back? It was a game right?" Hazel kicked a small rock in front her and sighs.

"What if he doesn't like me? Wouldn't surprise me. Mom and dad already hate me."

Suddenly she felt like someone was watching her. She could hear whispers. Like the forest was talking to her. "Hello? Nick?" She looked around.

"Hazel.." A whisper echoes through the woods. "They took everything from me."

"Just the forest playing tricks on you Hazel." She told herself.

It kept getting louder. Like behind her, but no one was there. She kept walking until see the log from earlier. The spot where Nick and her encountered the boar. "Okay, that's a start."

"Hazel! You out here!"

An Australian accent. Hazel knew that was Nick. Why was he out here? Did the group send him out here to find her? She didn't know what to do. Call back or not answer?

Hazel Called Back

"Nick!" She shouts.

"Hazel?" He said.

"I'm over here!"

Nick followed the sound of her voice. "I'm coming!" He walked up and saw her in front of him. Nick was relieved she was okay. "Hey." He said.

"Hi.." Hazel went over to the log and sat down, the same log they both sat down together. "You ran off."

"I wasn't running actually, just walked off. Needed to clear my head." She said.

Nick walked over to her and sat down on the other side of the log." I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I appreciate the thought Nick." Hazel smiled at him.

"The game just got too intense.."

Nick sighs. "Yeah, I know what you mean." The only thing he liked in the game was kissing her. He didn't enjoy kissing Emma.

"About what happened back there..." Hazel looked at him.

"Oh my gosh. Emma really wanted to make Jacob jealous huh?" Nick remarked.

"Think so?" She asked.

"I mean yeah, why the heck else would she kiss me like that?" He asked back.

"Fair." She mumbled. Hazel looked down at her feet, not looking at him. She wasn't mad at him for kissing Emma, it was Emma she was clearly mad at.

"I was just playing along." He told her.

"It was just a game right?" She looks back at him.

"Right. Just a game."

Part of her wanted to kiss him but she didn't think it was the right time. What if he was hiding the fact that he liked Emma and not her?

Hazel didn't kiss Nick. YET