Chapter 14

July 23rd, The Boathouse 9:30pm

Nick was walking down a small path in the woods. He couldn't sleep at all and thought maybe a small stroll in the woods would get him tired enough to sleep. The boathouse was close by which had a trail back to the cabins. He continued on the path until he saw in the distance someone on the deck.

Hazel.

She had her feet hanging off the edge and looked up at the stars. It was a beautiful night to see the stars. Nick didn't know why she was by herself at night, it wasn't safe.

He thought about going over to see her or he could continue walking and head back.

See Hazel

Nick walked over to her. "You know, its not safe to be by yourself this late at night." He said.

Hazel turned and saw Nick. She smiled at him. "Oh is it against the law to be alone to look at the stars? Didn't know that was a crime."

He chuckled softly and sat down next to her. "So what brought you down here?" She asked him.

"Eh I couldn't sleep, thought maybe a small stroll around the lodge would get me tired. Then I saw you and wanted to make sure you were okay."

Nick deeply cared about Hazel he just never got the courage to tell her how he felt about her. They did have a few moments together here and there, as friends.

"I appreciate the concern, I am perfectly fine. I couldn't sleep either." She responded.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just going to miss this when its over. Got one more month and I don't know what I'll do from there. Got a future ahead of me and I don't know what to do."

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "You'll figure it out Hazel. I believe in you."

She smiled at him. "Thanks Nick."

"You know what, I think I want to go out for a small swim. You interested?" Hazel stood up and kicked off her shoes.

"This late at night?" Nick blushed and turned around as she removed her shirt and pants.

"Relax Nick, I'm not going full naked on you. It'll be fun, no one is going to know." Before he could say something she already jumped into the lake.

"Come on Nick. We have no kids to worry about for once. Trust me." She said.

Nick removed his clothes, leaving his boxers on and jumped in as well.

"See! Look at you being a rebel!" She laughs at him.

"Not the first time I've been a rebel." He smirked.

Hazel decided to splash Nick a little and swam a little. "Hey!" He swam after her. The two both splashed water at each other for fun. "Can't catch me."

She swam faster away from her but he followed quickly behind her. His arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to him accidently.

Hazel placed both of her hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes. Both were using their feet to keep them afloat. "Guess I'm faster than you." He mumbled.

Nick Chose to Kiss Hazel

He leaned in closer and kissed her lips softly. Hazel closed her eyes and kissed back. She didn't pull away. The two continued kissing, not wanting to stop. His hands were on her hips holding her in place. Hazel wrapped her arms around his neck.

They both pulled away and looked at each other. "I've been wanting to do that since I met you Hazel." He whispered.

"I know Nick." She kissed him again.