Chapter 9

"We should amputate." Dylan said.

"What?!" Hazel said.

"We should cut it off before the infection spreads on him." He suggested.

"What!?" Nick looked at Dylan.

"Why would we do that?" Ryan asked him.

"Look at that black stuff." Dylan told them.

Hazel saw the black stuff he was talking about on Nicks leg. It didn't look good, he was in pain from it. Whatever it was. It was hurting him.

"What do you think it is?" Hazel asked him.

"Do I look like doctor?" Dylan said.

"You suggest we should amputate it."

They had to get back to the lodge. To call for help and tend to the wounded. Hazel stayed with Nick. She didn't want to leave him. He needed comfort.

Jacob and Emma were still gone after the whole backlash in the game. Hopefully they were okay.

"Hazel..." Nick whispered.

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"Does it look bad?" He asked her.

"It doesn't look good. But we have medical supplies at the lodge. We'll get you cleaned up." She smiled at him.

Suddenly everyone heard something in the bushes. "Wait! Wait! Don't shoot!" Jacob came running over with his arms up. He was half naked only wearing his boxers and had blood on his face.

"I'm here to save you." He exhaled.

Hazel was relived he was okay. Thank god. Why was his face covered in blood?

"I heard Hazel screaming in the woods. So I came as soon as I could." He told the group. "Then I got caught in this weird hunter trap. Like I went in the air, snared my leg hoisting me halfway into the tree. Zoop!" He demonstrated.

"Why are you-" Kaitlyn got cut off.

"Then! This guy with a fucking machete comes and cuts me down." He finished.

Jacob looked over seeing Hazel and Nick. Injured. "Hazel. Nick. Are they okay?" He asked.

"They got attacked by something in the woods." Kaitlyn said.

"Hey, does anybody have any dry clothes? I'm fucking freezing." He said.

"All our bags are still in the minivan." Kaitlyn told him.

"Fuck. Of course they are." He mumbled.

"Look. We need to get Nick and Hazel back to the lodge. Like right now." Kaitlyn told the two.

"I agree. Also why are you covered in....what I hope is strawberry jelly." Ryan said.

Jacob looked down at the little blood trail. "Oh yea. I'm pretty sure its blood. Not mine. That guy had like a bottle. Its a super long story."

Hazel remembered the guy they encountered. He dropped something too. She didn't pick it up though, maybe later on she should go look for it. See what it was.

"Ew." Kaitlyn said disgustingly.

"Yeah its super fucked up."

Everyone had to regroup back at the lodge and to let Nick and Hazel rest as well.

"I gotta go get Emma." Jacob said.

He tried to get the gun from Ryan but he pulled it away from him. "What the hell?"