Chapter 22

Hazel could feel the curse spreading through her. She groaned in pain and looked down at her hands seeing the black veins spreading. "No come on." She whispered.

She looked over seeing the two werewolves clash each other out. Hazel leans against a wall and breathes slowly. "You can control it. Everyone needs you, Nick needs you. Come on Hazel." She said to herself.

"Hazel, you there?" Her walkie was still near her.

"Kaitlyn is that you?" She said.

"Yeah, look we're all in the office. You need to get here now it's not safe."

Hazel groaned softly. "I can't. Kaitlyn I can feel it. You all need to stay there. But I need something. The gun, silver shells.."

"What? No Hazel you can't do this alone."

"You all are going to stay put. I'm not letting anyone else get killed. Please Kaitlyn. Just do that for me."

Another crash got here attention as she leans over to look seeing a glass window broken down. They were out of the building. "Shit." She stood up and went over to the door to the office.

Jacob opened the door slowly and saw Hazel, her eyes were yellow. "Here." He hands her the gun and bullets.

"Thanks. Please stay safe..."

Jacob watched her leave. "Wait, Hazel. I want you to know I'm sorry for saying those things back at the fire. You are like a sister to me and I-"

"I know Jacob. Thank you. Don't come looking for me." She heads outside leaving the lodge and her bow behind.

The shotgun would do more damage but she had to make sure not to hit Nick. Even though he told her to kill him she couldn't do that.

She could hear everything around her and smell things that no other human could smell. All of these new abilities were incredible but she had to keep control of herself.

In the distance she could hear some fighting and follows it. Hazel saw Silas and Nick still going at it, both were bleeding but they kept going. Like animals. Then she heard a howl come from Nick.

Nick whined and backed away from Silas. He was hurt. Hazel looked at the gun and checked to see if it was loaded.

"Okay, you can do this." She whispered.

She aimed at Silas and fired.

The bullet only grazed his shoulder as he growled and looked over seeing her.

"Come on you fucker!" She roared.

It started to charge at her. She ran forward as well. Hazel fired again and made a direct hit on his shoulder making him slide to the ground.

Maybe it will buy her some time. It was wounded which was good. Her attention went to Nick, she could see his form leaning against a log.

"Nick.." She limps over to him.

It growled at her. She stopped. "Nick it's me. It's me.." She mumbled.

The creature growled louder. "I know you're still in there. I know you worry about me, and you don't care about what happens to you. But I do."

Hazel could hear Silas getting back up. She looked down seeing that she only had one more bullet in her possession.

One shot.

Make it count.

Hazel heard him whimper. "It's okay Nick, it's okay. I promise I'll come back." She stood up and loads the bullet into the shotgun.

Silas roared at Hazel which made her turn to look at him. She ran towards him and aimed once again but he was prepared and knocked it out of her hand.

Hazel dodged his claw but the other hand was able to pierce her shoulder which made her fall to the ground. Her eyes went to the gun on the ground.

Her hand tried to reach for it but he pinned her down with his weight.

Nick could see Silas hover down and just stare at her. Hazel struggled to get him off her, then he heard her scream.

The same scream when she was attacked by Emma.

"You're not Jacob. And please don't be Jacob. Who in their right mind would want to be him?"

"Girls are into him."

"Not the cool ones."

"Who are the cool ones into then?"

"Guys who help people in situations, such as help a girl who injured herself during class."

Her smile. How could he forget that? Or her voice, so smooth and calm.

"Nick, stay with me."

"I need you.."

He growled and slowly stood up, this has to end.

As Hazel was trapped by Silas she saw with her eyes him being tackled. She groaned in pain and sits up looking at her body.

Blood, so much of it.

Silas clawed her body and left a lot of wounds on her body. At least she will heal.

She turned her head seeing Nick attacking him. Distracting him.

The gun.

Hazel quickly rushed to the gun and picked it up. She could hear the fighting almost ending and watched as Nick was thrown against a tree.

Silas turned his attention back to her and charged. Hazel aimed the gun and fired.

The bullet went right through his chest and the creature falls right in front of her.

He tried to move but within a few seconds he stopped.

"Fuck you, I got you motherfucker.." She spat at him.

Hazel felt better, like something was lifted out of her chest. The curse.

"Nick."

She didn't know where he was thrown too but all she cared about was finding him.

"Nick!" She shouts out.

"Nick!"

No response.

Hazel walked further to where he was thrown and saw something stand up.

It was Nick. Back in human form and covered in blood. He looked at his hands thinking it was a dream, it was real.

He looked over seeing Hazel. Alive.

"Hazel..."

The two rushed over and hugged. Hazel leans against his shoulder and was glad to see him.

"Is it over?" He asked her.

Hazel looked at the dead body of Silas.

"Yeah it's over."

He smiled and placed his hand on her cheek. "Good."

Both leaned closer to one another and kissed.

"Now I think we both need to get the fuck out of this camp."