Chapter 17

Hazel screamed in pain from the bite. The teeth from the creature was digging into her skin, and it didn't stop. 

Was this it for her? Was she going to die down here like Abi? Not even get a chance to tell Nick that she loved him too?

She won't ever get the chance.

Suddenly as it felt like this was the end another hand grabbed the creatures shoulder and threw them across the room away from Hazel.

Hazel opened her eyes and saw that the pain was over. Where did Emma go? Then a growl answered her.

Another one of those creatures was standing in front of her. Not attacking at all. Her eyes stared into it and saw who it was. Thanks to seeing something familiar around its neck.

Hazel Recognized Nick From The Necklace

Hazel was relieved knowing he was okay. "Nick.." She whispered. 

It nods slowly. He was in there. Somehow he was in control.

The two heard the creature getting back up and roared at them. Well this was going to one hell of a story. Hazel teaming up with werewolf Nick.

She quickly grabbed her bow and a silver arrow. One shot to the heart should do it. But would it kill the infection in her? Or kill her.

It was worth a sacrifice. For Abi.

Nick immediately charged at werewolf Emma and the two clawed at each other. Blood splattered everywhere as Hazel had to focus on the shot. The pain was still there. Hazel groaned in pain and placed her hand on the wound, right on her neck.

It was pretty bad. Part of her wanted to rest and sit down but Nick was fighting her. She heard a howl and saw Nick get thrown into a shelf. She watched as it hovered over him and raised it claw.

"No!" Hazel quickly ran and decided to stab it right in the chest. She repeatedly did it. At first it didn't effect the creature at all until she kept doing it.

"You are not taking him!" Hazel kicked it making it back up. The arrow was in its chest. Then Nick got up and immediately went on top of it and kept clawing at them. Blood splattered everywhere until Hazel saw the body not move.

Emma was dead.

What was she going to tell Jacob? They killed her. But they had to. She was going to kill Nick or her. Hazel breathed heavily knowing the fight was over. This battle at least. 

11 Left

Nick turns slowly to Hazel. It bent down in pain. "Nick.." She spoke out. Hazel watched as he crawled over hiding behind a few decorations that covered him. She didn't see him but could hear growls, moans everything you could think of.

Until she heard his voice in pain. A hand appeared as it was holding on for support. Nick stood up slowly, his body covered in blood from head to toe. He was wounded from the scratches that Emma gave him.

And he was naked.

How was this possible? He turned back on a full moon. He turned his body to face Hazel. 

"Hazel.." He said.

She smiled at him. Nick saw her look pale. Something was wrong. He saw her lean a little and rushed over before she could fall, instead she fell in his arms. 

"Hazel." He said. His hand brushed her cheek gently.

"I knew you were still in there. Somehow.." She said.

Nick noticed the bite mark on her neck. Blood was everywhere around it, she had marks on her arms from the scratches. "Hazel, you're bleeding.." Her blood was almost covering his left hand. He placed it on her wound, trying to apply pressure.

Hazel kept smiling at him. "Nick, its okay.."

He shook his head. "No. Don't you fucking do this to me. Please Hazel. You can't die like this." He said. Water filled his eyes as he cried. Her hand gently touched his cheek not caring about the blood on him. "Nick. Its okay. At least I was able to see you one last time..."

"You should've stayed away from me. I didn't want this to happen. Look maybe the nurse station has something. I can take you there, patch you up."

"I think we both know that won't save me.."

Nick closed his eyes and cried. "Hazel please."

"I told you I was a badass bitch."

He couldn't help but laugh at her comment. "I owe you one again don't I?"

She nods. "Yeah you do."

Nick looked down at her seeing her beautiful smile. "Nick I want you to know. I saw your message, on my phone. I never got a chance to tell you how I felt. About you."

"I know Hazel. You don't have to tell me." He said.

"No. I never got a chance to say it back."

He didn't know what she meant.

"I love you Nick." She whispered.

Hazel said it. She said it. Nick was shocked but happy. Her hand touched the necklace on his neck. "I love you too Hazel. Ever since I met you." He responded.

Her breathing quickened a little. "Hazel. Hey stay with me okay? Just hold on please!" He begged her.

"I love you..." She said one more time.

Nick watched as her eyes slowly closed. "No. Hazel please come on. Stay with me. Stay with me..." He mumbled.

"Hazel please..."

Her head leans to the side of his arm. Not responding.  He stroked her cheek gently and tried to wake her up. "HAZEL!!" He yells.

Nick couldn't lose her like this. She was the love of his life. His face buries into her hair as he cried louder. He was blaming himself for not being able to protect her.

He cried softly. Hazel was gone, she got hurt because he wasn't there. He was too late to stop Emma. How could he not protect her even as that monster inside him.

Then his head lifts up, something clicked in his head. Nick was bitten when he was attacked and his wounds healed, even the bite mark healed but she could turn into what he became. Was it worth trying?

All he had to do was bite her.