20. [get ready]

The next day we met up as we planned. I noticed we were all very excited but also very nervous.

We were standing on stage ready to practice for the second time when Namjoon suddenly tells me to go stand up front. "I think Sumi should have a change to sing," he says.

"Why?" I ask. "Your voice is so pretty! I always hear you sing when you are wearing your headphones and I honestly think your voice would suit this song amazingly."

"But Jimin and Seokjin are already the main vocalists," Yoongi mumbles. "I know, but just give her a change," Namjoon begs.

"Fine," Yoongi says so Namjoon excitingly pushes me to the front of the stage, in between Seokjin and Jimin.

"Will I have to sing the entire song?" I ask, looking up at Namjoon. "Sure, if you want," he says and walks back to his spot.

I wanted to tell him I didn't actually want to sing the entire song but he already went back to his spot and the others were expecting me to sing.

I straighten my back and grab the microphone from Seokjin, who, together with Jimin, went to sit on the edge of the stage.

I take a deep breath when the music starts. I know the lyrics perfectly because I wrote them with Jungkook.

When I finish the song all the guys give me a big applaus which makes me blush.

"I told you she could sing!" Namjoon exclaims.

"Maybe Sumi should be the main singer." All our heads turn towards Jimin who just said that.

"No way," I say.

"Actually... What do you think about it Seokjin?" Namjoon asks. "It's fine with me," Seokjin replies which I could've expected.

With big eyes I turn my face back to Namjoon. "Well, what do you think Sumi? Do you want to sing the song at the competition?"

I would love to be the main singer but I feel bad for Seokjin and Jimin who've been looking forward to this the entire time. I also think they are way better at singing than I am but everyone agreed that I could do it.

"I will do it," I said and I saw happiness grow in Namjoon's eyes, "but I want Jimin and Seokjin to sing with me in some parts or even have their own parts," I added to it.

"Definitely!" Namjoon said and gave me a high five.

When we had practiced for two hours with a few breaks in between we called it a day.

"I will send y'all the address of where the competition will take place," Yoongi said as we were all grabbing our stuff.

"We need to be there at 1 pm, right?" Seokjin asks. "Yes, that way we'll have some time to practice there too," Yoongi answers.

We all say our goodbyes and head home. I am very excited for our performance but also very nervous. Now even more because I became the main singer.

I wouldn't mind if we win or not but I definitely don't want to make a mistake.

┈┈┈┈

The day of the competition arrived and everyone was chatting while getting ready.

10:56 am
School band😎🎸

Taeee
What are y'all gonna wear?

Kookie
I suggest we have some kind of dress code so that we'll match on stage.

Namjoon🌿
Yes I think so too.