21. [the performance]

"Am I bothering you?"

Our faces turned to see Byeol leaning against the doorframe. This time she was wearing small glasses on the tip of her nose and holding a clipboard.

"It's 4:20. I thought I'd just let you know," she smiles and walks away.

"I didn't even think to look at the time," Namjoon says. "Then she's at least good for something," Jin laughs.

We all leave the room and make our way to the main floor where we see Byeol waiting for us.

"Are y'all nervous?" she asks. "A bit," I respond.

"Well every participant is nervous. Don't worry," she says with a trying-to-sound-nice voice.

We walk trough a big door and arrive at the stage. In front of the stage there are a lot of sitting places. We walk on the stage and look at the view.

"This is not helping with my nerves," Jimin says as he looks at the many chairs.

In the middle of the stage we see the instruments we need. I walk up to the mic that's standing on the front of the stage.

Everyone sits down in their positions and we start practicing just like we did before.

Once we're done we get a small applaus from Byeol.

Namjoon walks up to me and lays a hand on my shoulder, "You are amazing," he says as he stares at the seats.

"Thanks," I say, "but do you think I'll be good enough. We can still let Jimin and Seokjin sing, really!"

"No Sumi! Don't deny it. You are amazing and the others think so too. The entire audience will think so!" Namjoon reminds me.

I smile when I look at all the seats. I've always imagined myself as a big superstar, singing for a big audience and right now that's going to happen. I won't be a big superstar though, but who even wants to be that anymore.

"Are y'all finished?" Byeol asks insistently. I look at the others. "We are done," Yoongi says.

"Great! 2 hours left for you," she says and leaves.

"I saw a cafe earlier. We could eat something there," Taehyung advices so we all leave the big stage and walk to the cafe.

In the small cafe we all order something to drink and share our thoughts about the competition.

I felt relieved that my thing with Yoongi and Jimin didn't get in the way of the competition. Sometimes I would glance over at them and we would make awkward eye contact but otherwise it was all good between us.

After having chatted for about an hour we decided to walk back to the official stage. In half an hour the competition would start so there were already quite a lot of people sitting in de theater hall.

We all walk backstage and immediately meet Byeol. "Ha! I was looking for you guys. Follow me," she says and walks off.

We all give each other a confused look but follow her anyway. She brings us to a room which seems to be the 'make-up room'.

"With the bright lights you will all look ghostly white so I'll advise y'all to sit down and apply some makeup to those faces," she says as she squeezes Jungkook's cheeks and walks away.

The make-up artist taps the available chairs so we sit down and let them do their work. I look over at Yoongi whose not looking too amused.

"Not liking the make-up?" I ask. He turns his face to me. "It feels weird," he chuckles while looking at himself in the mirror.

"It looks good on you. She did a good job," I say. He shows me a smile before the make-up artists grabs his face and applies some powder with a big brush.

When we are finished with the make-up we sit down somewhere backstage and wait. Although no one says anything I can tell that everyone is very nervous.

┈┈┈┈

"And the next participants are a selfmade high school band! Concluding of 8 members with each their own skill. Now, they will be performing their own written and produced song 'Lovers in the night'! Give them a big applause, here they are!" the host says.

This is our sign. Before walking on stage I feel my hand brush against Jimin's, who is standing next to me. He smiles at me before grabbing my hand and walking on stage.

The audience gives us a big applause as we all sit down or walk to our positions. Taehyung walks to the grand piano, Jungkook walks to the drums at the back of the stage, Hobi, Namjoon and Yoongi walk to the side of the stage and Seokjin and Jimin follow me to the center of the stage.

I lay my hands on the microphone and take a look at the audience. Somewhere in the middle I spot Jimin's parents who are waving at us.

I take a deep breath before the music starts. Once I hear the music I close my eyes and try to focus as good as I can. I try to let go of my nerves and enjoy the moment.

And then... I sing.

imagine the performance sounding like this ^

Once I finish I hear a loud applause given by the public. I look behind me and see all the others giving me a proud smile.

Suddenly Jimin walks towards me and lays his hands on my hips. I look up at him with wide eyes.

Before I could ask what he was doing he leaned in and kissed me in front of everyone. His hands roamed around my back and waist and pulled me closer against him.

I felt awkward, kissing in front of this entire crowd and mostly; kissing in front of Yoongi, but I kept kissing him. I didn't push him away or pulled my head back.

I just kept kissing him, until the crowd gave us an even louder applause and our lips detached.

I look over at Yoongi but he isn't looking at us. His head is facing the ground.

My head turns to the crowd who seem very impressed, by our performance or our kiss.

After a second of admiring the public the others came standing next to us and we all bowed.

┈┈┈┈

probably my favorite chapter ^

nina