Chapter Seven part three: I can't help but wait

I see you, you wit him, he ain't right but you don't trip. You stand by, while he lies, then turn right 'round and forgive - Trey Songz

 You stand by, while he lies, then turn right 'round and forgive - Trey Songz

Maurice Nico rays "Reese"

I moved a piece of her hair from her face. She shyly looked away trying to avoid my gaze. "You don't deserve that, Ma," I softly told her caressing her cheek. 

She didn't deserve that. I'll never understand why she keep running back to Scooby. He showed her time and time again he didn't give a f*ck about her. "You don't know what your talking about," She crossed her arms. "I know it's a big a*s bruise on you," I pointed. She moved her hair, trying to cover it. "Nah, let me see you," I tucked her hair behind her ear reveling more bruises, and scratches. I bit down on my lip feeling my anger rising.

 "You still beautiful," I spoke.She gave me a soft smile but waved me off. I knew she'd never take the compliment. After dealing with Scooby for so long, her self-esteem was low but honestly Ashanti was a beautiful girl. Her caramel colored skin was covered in tattoos that told a beautiful story. She always kept her hair up. It was always a different color every time I saw her. 

"Reese, I gotta go," She turned to walk away. "Wait," I softly touched her shoulder. "I gotta go," She repeated. "If Scooby knew we were talking, he'd kill me," She insisted. "It's just a conversation," I said. "H*ll, anybody on the other side of the Gates would kill me if they knew we were talking," She admitted. "I like talking to you, Ashanti," I admitted making her blush. "I can keep a secret," I gave her a small smirk as she rushed off. 

| Author's note: Again! another short chapter! I'm sick of me!  But, we finally get to meet Reese. I know, I'm not suppose to have favorites, but He's one of my favorite character's in this book. Feedback is welcome! Favorites are loved |