Chapter Thirty-two :End of the road

Chapter Thirty-two:End of the road

You belong to me. I belong to you -Boyz II Men

 I belong to you -Boyz II Men

Maurice Nico rays "Reese"

I held the phone to my ear, I heard her say "Find you someone else". "Someone who can give you what you need," She sniffled. "You," I exclaimed into the phone.

"You got everything I need, Ashanti," I stressed. She paused, and I heard her sniffle once more. "I cant-," She struggled to say. "I can't give you anything," She cried.

"I can't give you what you need, I can't even give you a baby," She cried. "We'll work on it, the doctors said-," I started. She interrupted with a scoff.

"The doctors said I can't have kids, Reese," Ashanti said. "But-," I started. "And I definitely can't give you kids in a couple of years when I get out," She sniffled. "kids not that important," I pleaded. "What's important is us," I added. She took a deep breathe, while I prayed my words had reached her.

"No, what's important is you, Reese," She sniffled. "You living your life," She added. "I-," I started. "No, listen," She exclaimed completely cutting me off. "You are amazing," She sniffled.

"I've watched my friend's relationships and seen the worst." "I've lived through my own relationships and been through the worst," She paused. "And I never thought guys like you existed-."

"Don't do this," I interrupted. I knew what was next and I couldn't bare to hear it. "Reese, I have too," She cried.

"I can't stand in the way of your happiness," She sniffled. Did she not know she was my happiness? "I love you so, I'm letting you go," She added.

"I thought you said you'd handle it," I clenched my teeth as I spoke into the phone. "All bets are off, I don't care if Tyra's there or her d*mn kids," I spat.

"Handle it," I huffed pressing the end button as I walked back into the bland hospital room. I laid eyes upon my sister, who looked as if she had just went through h*ll. Her eyes looked as if they were all cried out.

"I can't believe he did this to me," Mel cried. I hated to say "I told you so," but that was the only thing that could come to my mind, so I stayed quiet. Mel tugged at her hospital gown.

"Stop crying," I insisted. She had wasted enough tears, and by this point she was worn out and tired. I witnessed her eyes almost closing shut, until a shrill cry filled the room.

"You too, little gangsta'," I coo-ed picking my newborn nephew up. He instantly stopped crying.

"Thank you Reese-y," Mel mumbled as her eyes completely shut.I looked down at the little infant in my arms. Considering their strong genes, I thought he'd be a split image of Scooby, instead he was coated in our mocha colored skin tone. He had a head full of curls already.

"Nephew," I coo-ed. I smiled."Nothing should stop me from ruining your folks now." "I'll kill them, if it's the last thing, I do," I spoke.

His eyes fell upon me, and it felt as if he understood the words I was saying. It felt as if wheels started to spin in my head.

Everyone has a turning point. I felt this was one, you could never turn back from.

"Mel," I softly whispered. Silence. I slowly got up, with him in my arms. He didn't make a sound. He didn't even cry when I walked out of the hospital, with only a blanket covering his head. Nor, did he shed a tear when we got in the car and drove away from "The gates". It was as if he knew I needed him, and he needed me.

Hi! I'm Connie Bridgerton and this is the Channel 13 News. The hunt for missing 3 day old infant, Sir Kaleb Karter continues.

Your watching the Cold cases in the south, and we have exclusive videos of Sir Kaleb Karter being abducted 5 years ago. If you have any information about this case please call (901)332-8000

Unsolved: Child Kidnapped case gets a fresh look! Enhanced photos of what Sir Kaleb Karter would like like are released on his thirteenth birthday!

"I still release balloons every birthday." "Wherever you are, I want you to know Mommy loves you, and I want you to come home." "That was the mother of Sir Kaleb Karter, the infant that was abducted sixteen years ago from this very hospital." If anyone has any information, please call (901)332-8000 I'm Angela Huff and This has been your nightly news with channel 5

|The End|