Chapter Twenty-two: Come together

Come together, right now, over me- The Beetles

Tyra Imani White

I felt sick to my stomach when I heard what happened to 'Shanti. Multiple gunshot wounds? ICU?

I looked around the hospital room. 'Shanti was strapped up to all kinds of machines, and all the color had left her cheeks. "'Shanti's a fighter," I supportively touched Reese's shoulder. He gave me a soft smile. I knew about the the fights in the Gates. I also knew Reese was supposed to be this "horrible" guy, well that's what everyone told me.

Upon seeing him at Ashanti's bedside day and night, I felt sorry for him. When the doctors' told him that Ashanti had lost their child and he shed tears, I really thought maybe those stories were just rumors.

The emotional piece of chocolate in front of me, couldn't kill a fly? Maybe thats why Ashanti cared for him, because she saw everything I was seeing. Either way, I was glad someone stayed by Ashanti's side because Mel was nowhere to be found. I couldn't believe her!

I put my hand on my forehead, as I felt the room spin. "You ok?" Reese asked. "Just a little lightheaded," I answered truthfully. "Well you better get home, and eat something," Reese suggested. I shook my head no.

"You haven't ate all day," He said thoughtfully. "I can handle 'Shanti, I'll call if anything changes," He added. I nodded reluctantly. I really didn't want to leave her side but Reese was right, I needed food and to get home to my baby.

When I got home, Serenity was laid across Spank's chest and they were both fast asleep. I tip-toed into the bathroom, carefully opening the cabinet. "Clearblue," I read to myself. "Fast and easy results," I read opening the box.

"Tyra," I heard Spank call out as he walked into the bathroom. I quickly grabbed the test, hiding it behind my back. "Yes," I answered as we stood face-to-face. His eyes searched my face, inquisitively. He raised his eyebrow.

"What-what are you hiding," He asked. I shook my head, like a kindergartener that had been caught red-handed. "Nothing," I sung. "Whats that behind your back," He asked. "Why are you questioning me," I snapped.

"I should be questioning you," I rolled my eyes. "Where were you last night while 'Shanti was getting shot," I yelled. He let out a long sigh. "Cause you wasn't home with us," I added, rolling my eyes. He smacked his plump lips.

"It's a lot you don't know," He simply said, not giving me any answers. "Well tell me," I said. "Tell me first," He pointed behind my back. I let out a deep sigh, and put the pregnancy test on the counter.

"You think you pregnant," He asked. "I don't know Spank," my shoulders slumped. "I just feel weird," I ran my hands through my hair, trying to find a way to explain. He furrowed his brows. "Dizzy, thirsty, and my boobs hurt," I explained my symptoms. Spank nodded as if he could relate. Grabbing the test, he took the stick out and handed it to me.

"You should take it," He suggested. I nodded softly grabbing it from him. "Now tell me," I asked as he sat on the counter. "I did it," He simply said as I pee-d on the stick. "Well me and Scoob, did it," He added.

"But you gotta believe me, I didn't know she'd be there when I did it," He sighed. I sat the test on the other side of the counter as I washed my hands.

"Scooby told me she was there once we left, and he said she deserved it for being a snake," Spank scoffed. I rolled my eyes, classic Scooby move. I didn't know what to say. "You mad at me," Spank asked as we awaited our fate. I shook my head no. I wasn't mad at Spank. He had no idea, I was more so mad at Scooby. He purposely wanted to hurt my bestfriend, who loved him like crazy.

"You mad at me," I asked. He gave a light chuckle. "For what," He asked. "Because I might be pregnant again," I answered. "So soon," I added, mentally beating myself up.

Spank and I still had an "arm" baby and here I was taking another pregnancy test. He softly kissed my forehead. "No, I'm not mad at you," He chuckled softly stroking my cheek. I peaked over at the test, and instantly everything I had eaten today had filled the toilet. Spank twisted his face as he softly stroked my back. "I'm pregnant," I threw up. "again," I repeated.