Chapter Thirteen part one: Gone Til November

Phone keep ringing, heart keep breaking. No matter what I do, can't keep nobody happy - Rod

Wave

Sincere Kolby Karter "Spank"

I removed the blunt from my lips and exhaled, as I leaned back in the driver's seat. Feeling my phone vibrate I answered, "Speak." "Speak?" I heard a soft squeaky voice on the other end ask. "You been hanging around Scooby too much," Tyra tried to joke. I wasn't in a joking mood. "Wassup," I asked.

"I'm home if you want to see me," She blurted out. I let out a sigh. "Please Spank, I just want to make sure you're okay," She pleaded. "I'm straight," I sucked my teeth. I heard her sniffle on the other end. "I'm on my way," I huffed.

I hated how I gave in and drove over there.I leaned against my car, as she walked over to me. The tight shirt she was wearing did nothing to hide her growing pudge. "See, I'm straight," I threw my hands up. "You're not," She flipped her jet back hair that cascaded over her shoulders in an abundance of waves. "You haven't even talked to me since Santana died," She said making me cringe thinking about the hard sh*t I been going through for weeks. "You didn't even go to his funeral," She added. "And you haven't been to any of my doctors appointments with me,"She counted on her fingers.

"I been busy," I excused which was true, since Santana died I had to take on a lot more responsibility in the gates but that wasn't the reason. Before she could respond my phone vibrated, I quickly looked at my phone. "Yeah, Mel told me Y'all have been talking a lot more," Tyra crossed her arms over her pudge.

"I'm glad you feel comfortable talking to her about your brothers death, but I just wished you'd talk to me," Tears welled in her eyes. "I mean I'm your girl, you know you can always confide in me," A tear escaped her eyes. "I gotta go," I said, turning to walk away. I didn't feel like dealing with Tyra right now.

"I thought you said I wouldn't be alone, Spank," She called after me, making me stop dead in my tracks. "I feel alone," She cried harder putting her face in her hands. "I thought you said you'd be here for us," She cried, softly moving her hand to her stomach.

Before I could respond, Her dad walked out of the house pointing his wrinkly a*s finger at me. "Go," He shoo-ed me. "We don't need any gang bangers-," He started but I cut his old a*s off. "With all due respect sir," I stressed sir. "I don't want your sirs, Haven't you done enough," he asked sarcastically. "You already made her a single mother," He scoffed grabbing Tyra's arm, basically dragging her into their house.

I let out a loud huff as my phone began to vibrate once more. "You been keeping an eye on Mel," Scooby asked immediately as I picked up the phone. "Yeah, but she acts as if she doesn't know anything," I shrugged. "Thats her brother of course, she know something," Scooby spat. "We'll you know what you gotta do," Scooby said.

\ Author's Note: How are we feeling about Santana's death? Any thoughts on how Spank is handling it? Let me know in the comments. Please remember to vote. Thank y'all!\