Chapter eight:The one I gave my heart to

How could you be so cold to me?When I gave you everything? -Aaliyah

Carmella Nicole rays "Mel"

Slamming my locker shut, I looked up. I was surprised to see Tyra at school. She hadn't really been around since Spank was arrested. I knew the whole ordeal had shooken her, because she had barely spoken a word to anyone.

"Hey girl," I spoke. "Hey," She dryly replied. I wanted to ask her was she good, but judging from her bloodshot red baggy eyes, she wasn't. "You can talk to me if you need to," I touched her shoulder, supportively. "Ya know, I've been through this too," I cringed thinking of the summer Santana went to jail.

"And like Santana always says if there's a bond there's a way," I added giving her a warm smile, as we walked out of the building. I saw tears welling in her eyes. "He'll be home soon," I tried to soothe her. She shook her head no. "You don't understand," tears rushed down her cheeks. "Yes-", I started but was cut off. "Anything could go wrong," She sniffled, panicking. What? I raised my eyebrow. "Something can happen to him," She babbled. "Or me," She added. "Or us," She said not making any sense to me. "Like we could break up again, or the world could end, or I could be pregnant," She cried putting her face in her hands. My mouth flung open, and at that moment a fly could've moved in and built a house.

"You and Spank-," I asked. She nodded her head but didn't remove her face from her hands. "My dad's going to kill me," She cried, slumping as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. "Have you taken a-," I started to ask but was cut off by Santana walking over. "Are you ready," He asked. "I've been honking the horn for fifteen minutes," He huffed. Santana, we're dealing with serious sh*t here. "Just go," Tyra suggested, trying to wipe her tears. "I'll be ok," Tyra sighed. "I'll call you later," I softly said as I got into the car.

"That was so rude, Santana," I rolled my neck. I crossed my arms as I sat in the passenger seat. "You know what's really rude," He asked back sarcastically. "You been talking to Reese," He asked, making me whip my head towards him. How did he know about that?

"I-," I started. "I just had my little brother tell me some sh*t about my own girlfriend I didn't know," He frowned. "Think before you lie, cause apparently you been doing too much of that already," He clenched his jaw. I looked over at him, studying him. I had never seen Santana this mad before. "Who-," I began to ask, but Santana quickly hit breaks, causing me to almost fly through the window.

"Answer the f*ckin' question," He cursed. "I haven't been talking to Reese," I stressed "talking". "He called one night, and-,"I started to speak but was cut off. "Like I thought," Santana frowned. "Get the f*ck out," He spat, shooting daggers right through my heart. "What," I asked. "We didn't even have a conversation," I pleaded. "I still can't trust you," He frowned opening my door. "And I don't need a b*tch I can't trust," He spat, causing me to scoff. "But-." "Get the f*ck out," He repeated with so much base, I immediately jumped out.

All I could do was put my face in my hands and cry as he sped off.If this was the first time Santana and I had broken, why did it feel so permanent?

|Author's note: We finally made it to chapter 8! Yay! How are you guys feeling about the break-up? Do you think it will last? Any feelings about Tyra's revelation? |