Chapter Nineteen:Heart for sale

I have this heart but I can't control it. It loves what it loves, it does what it wanna- Rod wave

 It loves what it loves, it  does what it wanna- Rod wave

Maurice Nico rays "Reese"

Walking into the house I slammed the door behind me, activating my alarm. I looked around my dark house, the only light was that shining from the clock that read 3:45 am.

I looked onto the couch and saw Ashanti curled in to a ball, trembling. She is still pregnant with my seed, until her appointment. I grabbed a cover out of the hall closet, and threw it on her trembling body.

Her eyes barely opened. D*mn. "Reese," She sleepily called out. "Go to sleep, 'Shanti," I demanded.

"I'm scared," She rubbed her eyes. It wasn't like I gave a f*ck but I still asked "why?"

"Because don't you think we're playing god," She asked. I plopped down at her feet. "By killing our kid," She added softly putting her hand on her stomach.

"What if our kid was supposed to be like the savior of the human race, or create a cure for cancer or the president," She asked, twiddling her fingers nervously. I bit down on my lip.

"I guess we'll never know now, huh," I shrugged. A tear left her eye as she turned on to her side.

"I guess we'll never know," She repeated. I stood to walk away but stopped when I heard her sniffles. "Are you ok,"I asked. She shook her head yes, while tears were leaving her eyes.

"It's kinda cold down here, if you wanna sleep in my room you can," I ran my hand along my neck. "Thank you," She wrapped her blanket around her body, following me to my bedroom. Silence took over my bedroom, as she trembled underneath my covers.

"Will you go with me tomorrow," She asked. I sighed, as I crawled into bed. "I don't want to do this alone," She sniffled. "Ok," I simply said as her eyes began to close.

I frowned as I felt her cuddling up to me unintentionally. I really wanted to hate Ashanti for what she did, but something in me still loved her. Maybe it was the simp in me.

I wrapped my arm around her softly touching her basically flat stomach. Running my finger tips along her skin, I couldn't help but think about everything she had said. It was a baby in there, my baby.

The sun rose before I knew it. I barely got any sleep, when 'shanti shook me saying "We're going to be late for my appointment at the clinic." I jumped up, went in the bathroom, and got ready. When I came out, 'Shanti was there fully dressed staring at me.

"You ready," She asked. "I don't know, I don't feel well maybe we should reschedule," I suggested. She stared at me curiously.

"You know, I haven't really been sick maybe your getting all my symptoms," She asked. "Maybe," I shrugged. "Either way I don't think I can go," I shrugged.

"Ok, I'll ask one of my girls to go with me," She suggested. "No," I said louder than I intended to. "What-," She asked. I sucked my teeth. I didn't want to tell her, her words had gotten to me. I didn't want to tell her, I wanted this baby, probably more than she'd ever know.

So I just told her "nothing." "You sure," She asked. "Yeah, just reschedule until I'm feeling better," I shrugged. "Ok," She sung.

| Author's Note: Isn't he so sensitive and dreamy? Anybody want to join the Reese fan club, cause I'm trying? Let me know in the comments which male character from "The Gates" you're most likely to date|