Chapter 3

It's been a while since they last spoke. Karishma sipped her tea enjoying the taste while thinking about the events that turned out so far. It is really getting out of their hands.

She heard the phone ringing and attended the call.

Hello

Hello Karishma, I am Anjali

She almost burped her tea. It's arnav's sister, the single most important person in his life. She expected a call from his granny not his sister.

Hi Anjali, How are you? Can I call you sis?

I'm fine, hope you are doing good, Yeah yeah sure karishma, no problem. You can call me me sis. I have wanted to talk with you for a while, but now we really don't have a choice, don't we? Anjali said with amusement

She heard the slight laughter in anjali's voice and she smiled at that.

Yeah sis. I'm good. I've been wanted to talk to you too, but you know how arnav can be.

I know, I know. So the reason I called now is granny wants to meet you and I thought it would be best if I invited you. Today is Karva chauth, me and aunty is fasting. It would be really good if you fast for arnav and come to temple with us to break our fast, after that we all shall go home and we can introduce you to granny.

She felt dumbstruck about this. She heard about the culture and the traditions but never really followed or even seen it honestly. Her dad is from India while her mom is from England, in her home it was mostly her mom's ways. Her dad had taken them to temple to pray and she prays to both of her parents gods but she never really followed any of these rules. And she also doesn't believe in these rules, since her parents and her grannies didn't believe in those, it was never a topic to be discussed. But now, she found herself in a situation where she never even dreamed about. She thought it will be best if she is honest from the start to his family, since she really wanted her relationship with arnav to be long term.

Karishma? Are you there? Can you hear me?

Yeah sis. I heard you. I just wanted to say something. I don't believe in fasting neither the rules that comes along with the tradition here.

She heard a deepening silence from the other end.

I don't mean to offense your beliefs sis, it's just I don't believe in these things in general. But I would love to meet everyone.

Oh, okay.

She can hear the disappoint in Anjali's voice. She wanted arnav's sister on their side, but she also wanted Anjali to know herself.

Sis, If it's okay, I can come to the temple and meet you all there and we can go home to see granny.

There was silent on the other end.

Anjali is thinking about her brother's girlfriend's suggestion. She knows that she was raised in England but she thought that she will fast on her brother's behalf. Her answer surprised her and she doesn't know how to react honestly. Then came her suggestion to visit temple and meet the family there before she can meet granny. Anjali thinks she can work with that, in fact karishma's suggestion only proved that the girl is serious about arnav, and she is happy about it.

There is a lot of time to convince nanny about the girl, and karishma's determination to getting to know their family assured her that everything would turn out alright.

Sure, Karishma. That would be nice.

Anjali heard a sigh of relief on the other end. She never met or talked with her brother's girlfriend. She only heard what arnav told her. She would really like to get to know her more now, more than ever.

Thanks sis.

Anjali gave the address of the temple and requested to come in traditional clothes.

Karishma ended the call with relief. It went well. She can wear a saree, of course she will get help from her friend here, sara. If everything goes well, they would be fine. Anjali asked her to keep this between us, so she didn't call arnav even though she badly wanted to. She needs tips and support from him badly. She assured herself that everything would turn out alright one more time.

Author's Note :

Although I loved the series the first time I watched, I couldn't shake the questions and logic when I re watched it again. So I would like to take this story in a more logical and rational way. Happy reading !