I

ISLA DAVIS

"I'm sorry, my bad! I was just shuffling through my playlist trying to find a decent song that I didn't even see you and I don't even know how I bumped into you-" I try to explain myself, a habit I got being raised by my parents so I always go over the top to explain myself. He looks at me and smiles but then quickly hides it from me.

"You talk too much" He says and damn his deep manly voice made butterflies raise in my stomach. Nope.

Isla? Why the fuck are you acting like you don't know this guy and that you don't remember what he did to you.

Does he remember me tho? Because it doesn't seem like he does.

"And you're an asshole, goodnight" I say as I walk past him.

I walk back to Minne's house and I tell her everything expect, I leave a little detail out. Abel Garcia.

I don't want to bring him back into my life so I'm not gonna talk about him.

"I want to go to the library tomorrow before work" I tell Minne.

"Don't you have to get back home?" She asks me.

"No, I will go straight to work from here, I will wear the same clothes as today" I shrug, I don't like wearing the same clothes twice but I know that my father will be passed out drunk with his friends so he wont even notice I haven't been there but if I go back home, he will, so I'm not risking that. He knows when I have to go to work and hopefully he wont wake up early in the morning.

Minne has finally moved on to a healthy relationship after the unhealthy one she had. She lived with her boyfriend when she was nineteen and he became abusive and when I found out I helped her get out of there. I'm so happy for Minne, she deserves to be happy. She is one of the kindest people I know so I always wish what's best for her and I will always stick by her side no matter what.

We sleep after a long talk that we have because luckily, we don't have to wake up early tomorrow for work.

- Morning -

I am a morning person so I woke up early even though we stayed up late but that's okay, I always had a messed up sleeping schedule so I'm used to it, it doesn't phase me at all.

I make myself coffee and go out on the balcony to have my morning cigarette and coffee. I started smoking ever since I found out about mom. It helped me cope with what I was going through and I couldn't stop anymore, that's totally okay though. I love smoking.

When Minne wakes up we have breakfast together and get ready to go to the library and then back to work. She gave me an outfit to borrow from her and I'm thankful.

Once we're at the library now I'm looking through the romance section, I need to romanticize my boring life a little and well Minne is talking to the manager who happend to become our friend as we would always come here and we still do, clearly.

I feel better reading books about falling in love than actually falling in love.

"Still reading those annoying romance books?" A voice booms from behind me, interrupting my thoughts.

I turn around and I am meet with the caramel eyes, again. Abel.

"Still being an annoying prick?" I fire back. I haven't let out my anger on someone for a long time, I could use him as a punching bag.