XXIV

Isla Davis

One week later
*sponge bob's voice*

We got back from our trip one week ago, I have been staying at Abel's place since I wanted Minne to enjoy her time with her boyfriend, yes they are dating now and he is treating her like the queen she is, like she deserved to be treated all along. I didn't move everything to Abel's house because I didn't move in although he asked me to and he saw no point in me going around but my house was out of investigation and I just had a few fixing to make before I moved back to my house, it belonged to me now.

Living with Abel was so much fun because we left for work and got back at the same time, he picked me up from work everytime, although sometimes he had to go and take care of his other job that I had no clue about. I was curious and really wanted to know about it but I didn't pressure him, if he wanted to tell me he would. Although it hurt me that he doesn't fully trust me like I trust him but I push those negative feelings away because I have so many other things to worry about already.

I was happy when I was with Abel and I didn't need my drugs around him, I'm even doubting going to rehabilitation although sometimes I get those attacks and my body shakes a lot. It all goes away when I'm with him but I still can't escape therapy and rehabilitation, if I wanted to heal.

What made me more happy was how understanding and patient Abel is with me and he doesn't try to have sex all the time, we didn't even have that much sex, we enjoyed each other's company more.

I got a call from the police station and well I had to go today, have a talk with them and well... visit my father. I knew this day would come eventually but that doesn't mean I'm ready to face him yet, face my biggest fear. Most girls saw their father's as their heroes, their safe place and looked up to them while my father was my biggest fear and the last person I ever wanted to see or be around. I don't even want to know what goes through his head.

Abel insisted to come with me but I begged for him to leave me alone in this because I really didn't want him to join me, I don't want him to go through this with me because he has seen enough, he has been there and he doesn't need to see this. Plus I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to control his temper. Promising him that I would call him if something went wrong I finally made my way to the police station, well Abel drove me there.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go?" He asks me for the thousandth time.

"Yes Abel"

"And you promise I will be the first person you call?"

"I promise"

"Okay, I will see you later sunbeam. You got this my beautiful strong girl. I'm so proud of you" He praises me as he kisses my forehead.

"I love you" I say as I leave. I take a deep breathe and gather myself as I make my way inside the police station.

"Miss Davis?" The officer calls for me.

"That would be me"

"Come on" He leads me to his office.

"First of all I wanted to say that I'm happy you are seemingly doing better and I'm so sorry for what happend, but I have some questions you need to answer"