XVI

Isla Davis

"Isla was ignoring me so now I'm here" Abel Garcia being the gentleman he can be when he wants to.

How the hell did I go from wanting to chop his head off to having butterflies in my stomach, he has done this for so many years so I know for sure I could major in lepidoptera.

"Isla" Abel says, he looks sad and regretful. Good. As he fucking should.

"Abel" I flatly respond.

"You were ignoring me" He points out the obvious.

"Damn, I was? I don't recall but now that you mentioned it, it might've been because of something you have said, I mean just perhaps?" I sarcastically point out the obvious.

"I'm sorry okay? It's just for your well-being, I am so worried about you, I would gladly take you out. In fact I will take you out right now!" He says.

"Nah, I don't feel like going out now" I do but he has to beg and he knows that, he knows me. I'm the petty queen.

"Oh come on Isla, I know you do. Let's go" He says as he kneels in front of the sofa I'm laying on.

"No" I say as he tries to make eye contact but I stare somewhere else. I never noticed how interesting that painting on the wall at Minne's house was.

"Why not?" He asks me.

"Am I not supposed to stay home now?" I petty, if that's even a word because my vocabulary doesn't make sense when I'm upset or in general.

"Please let's just go" He says. Nah, beg harder baby.

"Are you embarrassed to be seen with me or something?" I ask him.

"Where did this come from, love?" He looks at me, his expression pained.

"Well, I can't walk so I will have to go with the wheelchair, you are obviously ashamed to be seen with me in public while I'm in this condition. Abel Garcia the big boss goes out with a woman in no condition to do anything for herself and not a big boss woman. Scandalous!" I mock as he rolls his eyes at me. The disrespect, wow!

"You know that's not true Isla, my intentions were pure I swear, I was just worried about your well-being nothing else. And you are the big boss, a bigger big boss than me" He says and I decide to look in his eyes for some sort of lie or manipulation, there's nothing but sincerity. I don't feel bad, he should feel bad for speaking first, thinking second.

But he is trying my stupid subconscious reminds me.

"Nothing else?" I ask. I can't believe I'm about to let him off the hook this easily.

"Nothing else" He reassures me.

"Well, get ready because you will have a baby to take care of, feed and ramble around"

"And I will gladly and happily take care of my baby and sure as hell enjoy doing it and make sure she enjoys it too" He reassures me again.

"I hope you are sure because there is no going back now, count your blessings Garcia because you have to deal with me" I say. I notice myself having a pessimistic attitude, getting emotional and angry so easily, having so many mood swings so that's why I'm pointing it out. I became a little toxic since I have been in this condition probably because of the circumstances, the pain and not being able to do anything but lay and lose my mind by overthinking everything. I feel like a housewife and I don't like being a housewife because I'm used to working and now that I'm being so useless, I hate the world and everyone, I'm gonna blame everything and everyone for my mood.

Well maybe I got a little too toxic but it'll pass.

Right?

"I am more than sure. I promise you!" The sweetheart but not so sweetheart Abel says.

"Okay well, you did this to yourself" I say as he carries me and seat me on the wheelchair. I hate seeing myself like this. And now I'm tearing up, this is all just so so lovely to me, I can't even put it into words so I'll just stay quiet before I stay toxic.

"Are you okay?" Abel asks me when I stay quiet and well I look red on my fucking face.

"Do I look good?" I ask him, my voice shaking. I hate when my voice shakes I swear, it's so embarrassing.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on, of course you look good, you are getting better day by day and I'm so fucking proud of you baby! Even with the injuries you are the most perfect woman" He says. Shut up, I'm crying.

"Did I say something wrong?" Abel asks, he looks so panicked it makes me chuckle.

"No, that was so sweet that's why I'm crying. They are happy tears okay?" I say as I wipe them off.

"When did you get so emotional?" He teases.

"Shut up" I playfully push his head as we both smile widely at each other.

That's it, I'm becoming a lepidopterist.

I feel so bad when Abel has to carry me around like it's trouble for him with the car and all but he never mentions it and when I told him I was sorry for being such a trouble he told me that I'm not and I should shut up. Such a sweetheart for me, always.

We went to get food of course because someone has to feed this baby. Me.

What makes me the happiest is that Abel doesn't seem bothered at all by me, actually he seems very happy to be with me. I really hope he is because I feel so bad and embarrassed that he has to see me this way and has to take care of me like I'm some sort of baby, well I am, for now.

"What else does the baby want to do?" He asks me.

"I want to get some bobas" I exclaim. I am acting like a child on New Year's but I can't help it, I missed being the one receiving something since I'm always the one giving. This is my happy moment and I'll act however the fuck I feel, even if that means being a fucking child on fucking New Year's.

"Ah of course how could I forget my boba girl" He says as he helps me to his car.

My daddy issues are kicking so hard right now.

The butterflies too but that's not the point.

Lep·i·dop·ter·a

/ˌlepəˈdäptərə/

an order of insects that comprises the butterflies. They have four large scale-covered wings that bear distinctive markings, and larvae that are caterpillars.

( ᴗ͈ᆺᴗ͈ )つ━☆ ・*。
⊂   ノ    ・°
しㅡJ   °。+ * 。
         . ・°
         ° 。゚ ゚・。・゚ ゚。

author's note:

i'm sorry if this chapter is boring for y'all, i just want my babies to be happy for once yk, can't sue me for that :(.

thank you for the support!

LOVE