IV

Isla Davis

"Wha- What?" I make him repeat himself even though I heard him the first time.

"Who did this to you Isla? I noticed these scars yesterday and today too so I followed you here" He informs me.

"You can't just invade my privacy like that" I tell him, meaning it. That's weird.

"Whatever privacy you would have you would do it in the bathroom with the door locked. Speak Isla" He says.

"Why do you care anyways?" I ask him, meaning it.

"Who. did. this. to. you?" He spells it for me.

"None, I fell" I lie. A lie that everyone in an abuse house tells.

"You can't lie to me, there are finger marks in your hand" He tells me.

"That's because when I was falling down the stairs my friend tried to catch me" I lie again.

"Well the bruise in your eye tells a different story" He says. What is he, a doctor, a police or something?

"You obviously never fell down the stairs and you don't know that this can happen to anyone" I say as I nervously chuckle avoiding eye contact and focusing on becoming even more productive all of sudden.

"I know you are lying to me and I will find out what's it that you are hiding" He says.

"Why would you care anyway?" I ask him. He acts like he has never done what he has done to me.

"I don't want you to get hurt Isla, so if there is someone that is threatening you, bothering you or using violence against you, I would like to know" He says. He is being so nice to me, that's weird but then again I can't tell him that this is from my own father, it's so fucked up especially when our relationship is strictly business now.

"What are you? The police or something? You own a company, you are not an officer to solve my case anyway" I say to him, ignoring what he just told me.

"The police are a joke to me" He says and with that he leaves the bathroom. What the hell did he mean by that?

Probably that he owns a company and he loves bragging about it.

After work, I get home obviously. I smell the alcohol and the cigarettes immediately.

"I'm home" I let my lovely father know.

"I'm going to my friend's house tonight. Clean up the mess, I want to see everything set when I get home tomorrow" The asshole says.

"When will you be home?" I ask him.

"Are you trying to tell me what to do or something? Why the fuck would you ask me that? Don't forget who's the man here bitch" He raises his voice.

Please don't hit me.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to know about the breakfast" I lie but that's also a half truth.

"I will be back in the afternoon" He tells me and with that he slams the door on the way out.

I call Minne over and in the meantime I clean up the whole living room and kitchen.